Website Drama
Ok, I'm going to address the drama going on with the website. For whatever reason, people have really been at each other's throats since Lagoon closed last year. We really need to tone it down. I'm not enjoying coming to my own website right now, so I can only imagine how others feel. I'm not going to play the blame game about it either because frankly I feel that multiple people aren't playing nice for whatever reason. You all have your reasons I'm sure, but once we start down the road of who started what it only makes things worse.

I'm not the type to censor others or remove content just because people disagree with each other, but I see that isn't working anymore. Starting immediately, I will be removing or editing posts that I feel disrupts the community. Yes, I am the sole decision maker on this. This may make some of you feel better about things or worse. I don't know. I've already gone through and removed a chunk of posts out of one topic. I'll be going after a few others once I post this.

One thing I am going to bring up again is the Ignore feature this forum software uses. No one has to read the posts of any user they don't get along with. If you are interested in using this, you can find it in your user control panel and activate it by adding the name of the user you don't want to see when you use the site.

Please remember the point of this website: to have fun discussing Lagoon. We are all very passionate about the park or we wouldn't be here. I realize some of you want things to be said a certain way or feel that details not privy to everyone are important to flaunt. I realize some of you have years of experience in the amusement industry and some have absolutely none. I realize some of you want to call it Fire Dragon and others Colossus. I don't think some of the arguments we have here are as important as we make them out to be. If you go to Lagoon and have fun going to Lagoon then I welcome you here! Let's have fun discussing a place that is fun.

I consider many of you a friend whether we have met in person or not, and I did not write this to target any single individual. I don't have an issue with anyone really. I'd love to see all of us get along, but I realize that may not be possible. I'm sorry to those of you who aren't enjoying the website anymore. I'm going to play some things by ear for the next little bit and see if we can't push stuff in a different direction and improve it for everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
(03-22-2019, 11:40 PM)Willenator Wrote: Ok, I'm going to address the drama going on with the website. For whatever reason, people have really been at each other's throats since Lagoon closed last year. We really need to tone it down. I'm not enjoying coming to my own website right now, so I can only imagine how others feel. I'm not going to play the blame game about it either because frankly I feel that multiple people aren't playing nice for whatever reason. You all have your reasons I'm sure, but once we start down the road of who started what it only makes things worse.

I'm not the type to censor others or remove content just because people disagree with each other, but I see that isn't working anymore. Starting immediately, I will be removing or editing posts that I feel disrupts the community. Yes, I am the sole decision maker on this. This may make some of you feel better about things or worse. I don't know. I've already gone through and removed a chunk of posts out of one topic. I'll be going after a few others once I post this.

One thing I am going to bring up again is the Ignore feature this forum software uses. No one has to read the posts of any user they don't get along with. If you are interested in using this, you can find it in your user control panel and activate it by adding the name of the user you don't want to see when you use the site.

Please remember the point of this website: to have fun discussing Lagoon. We are all very passionate about the park or we wouldn't be here. I realize some of you want things to be said a certain way or feel that details not privy to everyone are important to flaunt. I realize some of you have years of experience in the amusement industry and some have absolutely none. I realize some of you want to call it Fire Dragon and others Colossus. I don't think some of the arguments we have here are as important as we make them out to be. If you go to Lagoon and have fun going to Lagoon then I welcome you here! Let's have fun discussing a place that is fun.

I consider many of you a friend whether we have met in person or not, and I did not write this to target any single individual. I don't have an issue with anyone really. I'd love to see all of us get along, but I realize that may not be possible. I'm sorry to those of you who aren't enjoying the website anymore. I'm going to play some things by ear for the next little bit and see if we can't push stuff in a different direction and improve it for everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

What's going to happen to The Great Taco Debate thread?

Also, I know why people have been at each other's throats... we are all experiencing Coaster Withdrawal Depression...
(03-23-2019, 03:06 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: What's going to happen to The Great Taco Debate thread?

Also, I know why people have been at each other's throats... we are all experiencing Coaster Withdrawal Depression...

I'm not lol
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(03-23-2019, 03:06 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: What's going to happen to The Great Taco Debate thread?

I left that one alone because it made me laugh. Happy