Possible new amusement park
There was an announcement that Hurricane is looking into adding a amphitheatre and amusement park.  It sounds promising,  on 361 acres and 1200 Seats for the amphitheatre.
(01-09-2019, 03:31 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: There was an announcement that Hurricane is looking into adding a amphitheatre and amusement park.  It sounds promising,  on 361 acres and 1200 Seats for the amphitheatre.

Proof. Where is the proof? LOL
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-09-2019, 03:40 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Proof. Where is the proof? LOL

The article is on ksl.  Sheesh no faith.
(01-09-2019, 03:40 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Proof. Where is the proof? LOL
I saw it on KSL also... they are relating it to a Disneyland off shoot.
https://www.ksl.com/article/46463867/hur...evelopment
https://www.ksl.com/article/46463867/hur...evelopment
I like Dark Rides.

They didn't say amusement park. They said "the plans for the project include an “Old West Town” complete with shops and restaurants, an arena for a “Disney Wild West Show,” an RV park and more."

This is more along the lines of their "resort" type experience, like the Disney Hawaii resort.

Also, I doubt this is affiliated with Disney in any way. It is a housing development with a shopping center/resort/mall attached. The developer is trying to get support from the city fathers by saying it is a $3B development by accounting for the price of all the homes they want to put in.
(01-09-2019, 05:53 PM)Z Wrote: They didn't say amusement park. They said "the plans for the project include an “Old West Town” complete with shops and restaurants, an arena for a “Disney Wild West Show,” an RV park and more."

This is more along the lines of their "resort" type experience, like the Disney Hawaii resort.

Also, I doubt this is affiliated with Disney in any way. It is a housing development with a shopping center/resort/mall attached. The developer is trying to get support from the city fathers by saying it is a $3B development by accounting for the price of all the homes they want to put in.

That's kind of the impression I got as well.  Specifically, they're calling it an "amusement area."
Quote:According to the site plan for the “Lost Trails at the Cove” development, the plans for the project include an “Old West Town” complete with shops and restaurants, an arena for a “Disney Wild West Show,” an RV park and more.

Doesn't sound like much of an amusement park to me. lol Happy
(01-09-2019, 03:31 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: There was an announcement that Hurricane is looking into adding a amphitheatre and amusement park.  It sounds promising,  on 361 acres and 1200 Seats for the amphitheatre.

You do realize Music USA/Lagoon Music Theatre was a 1,000 Seat Amphitheatre, right? lol

(01-09-2019, 03:42 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: The article is on ksl.  Sheesh no faith.
KSL, the glorified mommy blogger "news" source? The journalistic integrity of the Deseret News/KSL was lost when they laid off half their news room, started publishing "TV News" in Print, and started "Deseret Connect" that permits absolutely anyone (including a now ousted and fraud of a Mayor of West Valley City Mike Winder) to write just about anything under any identity, with little oversight, to be published as "News."

(01-09-2019, 05:53 PM)Z Wrote: They didn't say amusement park. They said "the plans for the project include an “Old West Town” complete with shops and restaurants, an arena for a “Disney Wild West Show,” an RV park and more."

Since Walt Disney got the idea of the Golden Horse Shoe from the Calico Saloon at Knott's Berry Farm, the longest such running show, it should really be "Knott's Saloon Show." Knott's also has the longest running Wild West Stunt Show as well.

(01-10-2019, 12:06 AM)Willenator Wrote: Doesn't sound like much of an amusement park to me. lol Happy
You should probably change the thread title, since there's nothing specifically mentioned about an "Amusement Park" in any official statements from the development company, just supposition from a generous "journalist."

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-10-2019, 07:27 PM)linearinduction Wrote: KSL, the glorified mommy blogger "news" source? The journalistic integrity of the Deseret News/KSL was lost when they laid off half their news room, started publishing "TV News" in Print, and started "Deseret Connect" that permits absolutely anyone (including a now ousted and fraud of a Mayor of West Valley City Mike Winder) to write just about anything under any identity, with little oversight, to be published as "News."

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Not to give the story any more credit than it deserves, but this article is just relayed from St. George News. Deseret News/KSL is hardly the only news outlet with "mommy bloggers".