Pioneer Village needs a new attraction
Although I agree that PV could use some other attraction, I think I would regret it if one was ever built. One of the things I love most about PV is the fact that you can actually find quiet places to just chill, away from the masses. I would hate it if that remote spot next to the train museum was suddenly a big long queue for a new attraction. And now I sound like a crotchety, old "get-off-my-lawn" kinda guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(01-07-2019, 02:25 PM)Lennox Wrote: ...And now I sound like a crotchety, old "get-off-my-lawn" kinda guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the club!   Laugh

Agree with everything you said:  PV is one of my favorite places to get away from the hustle & bustle of the regular midway & ride noise and just relax in peace, often with a yummy snack.  Would be sad to lose that vibe.
I think that an S&S Steeplechase would be a PERFECT fit for PV. The only annoying thing is that they would have to have LOTS of block sections, or have a VERY short ride time.
(01-07-2019, 06:46 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I think that an S&S Steeplechase would be a PERFECT fit for PV. The only annoying thing is that they would have to have LOTS of block sections, or have a VERY short ride time.

Thats not a bad idea but fortunately it wont ever happen.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-07-2019, 06:46 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I think that an S&S Steeplechase would be a PERFECT fit for PV. The only annoying thing is that they would have to have LOTS of block sections, or have a VERY short ride time.
You've never ridden an Arrow Steeplechase have you? lol It would be perfect for "Punch-You-In-The-Balls-Land" or Neutered Males Land. One would hope that the new generation Steeplechases would be better, but there must be a reason why many have ridden the prototype and not signed on the dotted line yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-07-2019, 09:08 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You've never ridden an Arrow Steeplechase have you? lol It would be perfect for "Punch-You-In-The-Balls-Land" or Neutered Males Land. One would hope that the new generation Steeplechases would be better, but there must be a reason why many have ridden the prototype and not signed on the dotted line yet.

I said S&S Steeplechase, not Arrow Steeplechase. The reason likely is the fact that the efficiency would not be too great.
(01-07-2019, 09:27 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I said S&S Steeplechase, not Arrow Steeplechase. The reason likely is the fact that the efficiency would not be too great.
The S&S Steeplechase is a Direct Descendant of the Arrow Steeplechase, as Arrow and their entire Catalogue were acquired by S&S in 2002 and the Company became "S&S Arrow." While the transitions won't be engineered by coat hanger, the same uncomfortable seating arrangement is the same.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(01-07-2019, 02:25 PM)Lennox Wrote: Although I agree that PV could use some other attraction, I think I would regret it if one was ever built.  One of the things I love most about PV is the fact that you can actually find quiet places to just chill, away from the masses.  I would hate it if that remote spot next to the train museum was suddenly a big long queue for a new attraction.  And now I sound like a crotchety, old "get-off-my-lawn" kinda guy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You youngsters just don't appreciate how much better Pioneer Village was back in my day when it was a major must-visit part of Lagoon filled with guests frequenting the shooting gallery, boarding the PVRR at the train station, riding the stagecoach/oxcarts, watching the Wild West Shootout, and cruising around on the miniature railroad. Now you get off my lawn! Tongue
I like dark rides

(01-07-2019, 11:04 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: You youngsters just don't appreciate how much better Pioneer Village was back in my day when it was a major must-visit part of Lagoon filled with guests frequenting the shooting gallery, boarding the PVRR at the train station, riding the stagecoach/oxcarts, watching the Wild West Shootout, and cruising around on the miniature railroad. Now you get off my lawn!
Those were the salad days.....although these are o.k.

(01-07-2019, 11:04 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: You youngsters just don't appreciate how much better Pioneer Village was back in my day when it was a major must-visit part of Lagoon filled with guests frequenting the shooting gallery, boarding the PVRR at the train station, riding the stagecoach/oxcarts, watching the Wild West Shootout, and cruising around on the miniature railroad. Now you get off my lawn! Tongue

Best be careful with you're assumin' over there, compadre:  I'm old enough to have done all of those things and remember 'em, and think Village is the lesser for many of them.  And I still think it'd be the quiet end of the park even if most of them came back.  I just don't think the Village needs a modern new ride like a big coaster or flagship flat ride.

I'll hold my tongue for a mine train coaster, but luckily I know that'll never happen, so I don't have to worry about it.