Poll: Which Logo do you like best?
Flying Skull
Flying Skull W/Curly Text
Sabre
Birdman
Diamond Portal
Crescent Eclipse
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Choose Primordial's Logo Poll!
Star 
Lagoon intends to use one of these logos for Primordial! which one do you like best?
Perhaps Lagoon will use the winning logo.
Vote Now! You can choose more than one if you want.

^ Poll is at the top of the page ^
[Image: attachment.php?aid=856]

Disclaimer: These images came from a 'Request for Extension of Time to File a Statement of Use' document filed by Lagoon with the U.S. patent and trademark office. This document asserts that Lagoon has "A bona fide intention to use the mark", which means Lagoon really plans on using these logos. I'm guessing they'll narrow these down to one main logo, so let's tell them which one(s) we like. The 'L' on the crescent eclipse logo was cut off in the original document.

I'm not linking to the source for privacy reasons (there's personal info in the document), but if you know what you're looking for you can verify that these logos are legit. PM me if you really need to know but can't find it. Thanks a bunch to Lagoon for keeping this secret up until I got bored enough to do a random TESS search, thereby letting me get the scoop!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like dark rides

i like the skull one on the top on the left.
(12-29-2018, 09:21 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: i like the skull one on the top on the left.

Then vote for "Flying Skull" up at the top of the page ^

I think it's pretty good. It's my third favorite. I like the other skull logo best. I like the way that the skull is also the 'o', that seems familiar in a good way (Terroride).
I like dark rides

Without knowing the theme of the ride, it's a bit hard to have a super-strong opinion of which logo I think fits best. But, I will tell you, with the "night train" reference and some of the stuff I've heard about it so far, I'm really liking the eclipse logo.

Night Train has a really specific local association; I really wonder if it's any clue as to the nature of the ride, or possibly a subtle tribute to Steven? Of course, it could just be completely unrelated, but still...

Man, no roller coaster I've ever been on remotely compares with the sheer thrill of a 4-man bobsled run.

P.S. -- Super find, nice job!
(12-29-2018, 10:00 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Without knowing the theme of the ride, it's a bit hard to have a super-strong opinion of which logo I think fits best.  But, I will tell you, with the "night train" reference and some of the stuff I've heard about it so far, I'm really liking the eclipse logo.

Night Train has a really specific local association; I really wonder if it's any clue as to the nature of the ride, or possibly a subtle tribute to Steven?  Of course, it could just be completely unrelated, but still...

Man, no roller coaster I've ever been on remotely compares with the sheer thrill of a 4-man bobsled run.

P.S. -- Super find, nice job!

Thanks. I didn't mention it in this post, but aside from the images and the assertion that Lagoon really plans to use the trademark, the only other interesting thing in the document is that the original filename of the logos included "night_train_trademark_logo". I just thought it had something to do with a roller coaster in the dark. Care to share what you associate that with?

I do like that logo, it reminds me of Dracula's Castle facade lol. Isn't there something on the LDS temple like that too?
I like dark rides

(12-29-2018, 10:13 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Isn't there something on the LDS temple like that too?

Oi, you had to go & ruin it, didn't you?   Laugh

Honestly for me, when I think "primordial", I think of dinosaurs and prehistoric monsters, which leads me to think sci-fi/fantasy realm.  None of the skull logos, nor the sword logo, scream sci-fi/fantasy to me.  The bat-signal one is just... weird.  I just think the eclipse one has the right fantasy sort of feel to it, and the imagery of the sun being blotted out goes along with the idea of an enclosed dark ride, which was one of the earliest and most distinct things I'd heard about Primordial, way back before we knew it was going to be called that.

Separate from that, to answer your other question:  "Night Train" is the official moniker of the U.S.A. 4-man bobsled team.  Until recently, the foremost driver of that team was a gent from Park City by the name of Steven Holcomb.  Steven died rather tragically about 18 months ago.  So, it makes me wonder:  Is the ride inspired by the feel of a bobsled run?  Are the carriers inspired by 4-man bobsleds?  Is it a hidden tribute to Steven?  Or, is it just unrelated entirely.

If nothing else, it's making me want to get up to Park City & get in another trip or two down the track soon... violent, but addictive.  Wink
The logos do all have very different feelings, and if I was picking my favorite logo based on the type of ride I want I'd probably go for the Diamond Portal or the Crescent Eclipse.

If you think about it all of these logos would make sense for a ride like Dracula's Castle or Terroride. I'm starting to wonder if Primordial is going to be a modern take on the type of dark rides Lagoon is already known for. Maybe a chance for the fellow who redid Terroride to create a similar ride of his own from scratch?
I like dark rides

(12-29-2018, 11:05 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: The logos do all have very different feelings, and if I was picking my favorite logo based on the type of ride I want I'd probably go for the Diamond Portal or the Crescent Eclipse.

If you think about it all of these logos would make sense for a ride like Dracula's Castle or Terroride. I'm starting to wonder if Primordial is going to be a modern take on the type of dark rides Lagoon is already known for. Maybe a chance for the fellow who redid Terroride to create a similar ride of his own from scratch?

Just for clarification, when I said "dark ride", I didn't mean dark ride in the sense of a slower, flat dark ride like Castle or Terroride.  From everything I've heard, Primordial is almost certainly a roller coaster (and I think the substantial construction so far bears that out; you don't need all of those footings and foundations for a fun house ride), just an enclosed one.

My personal hope is that it's some sort of Walking With Dinosaurs-meets-roller coasters experience, but... time will tell!
(12-29-2018, 11:16 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Just for clarification, when I said "dark ride", I didn't mean dark ride in the sense of a slower, flat dark ride like Castle or Terroride.  From everything I've heard, Primordial is almost certainly a roller coaster (and I think the substantial construction so far bears that out; you don't need all of those footings and foundations for a fun house ride), just an enclosed one.

My personal hope is that it's some sort of Walking With Dinosaurs-meets-roller coasters experience, but... time will tell!

I get it. I was suggesting the theme might be similar to the old rides, not the ride system. I've heard that it isn't about dinosaurs.
I like dark rides

My vote would be for the logo with the diamond shape for the o. Its simple but uncluttered. Hopefully they use that one.

Good find on these logos.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West