What was your favorite in 2018
What was the one thing you really liked that happened at Lagoon this year? Was it a special ride with someone? Something amusing that happened to your group? Was it a change that you really liked? I'm curious.

Mine has to be the addition of Bakery Fresh. I had made it a habit of leaving the park and heading to Farmington Station to get a bite to eat during the day. I actually found myself staying on the park more and getting a salad or a wrap.
I only made it to the park a few times last season, so I don't have a ton of experiences to pull from this year, but I'd say that Bakery Fresh is a strong contender. It was sad to see the old Bakery cease to exist in its former glory, but the food there is undoubtedly my favorite in the park now; love the tables to be able to actually sit there & eat instead of having to find one of the too-few benches around the park.

I think my winner though might be an odd one, and it technically started at the end of last season I guess, so it may not get in on a technicality, but... Hydro's demolition. I've hated that ride since I spent a soggy summer working it in '94, and seeing it gone is a tangible portent of really exciting things to come in 2020.
(12-18-2018, 01:27 PM)Willenator Wrote: What was the one thing you really liked that happened at Lagoon this year? Was it a special ride with someone? Something amusing that happened to your group? Was it a change that you really liked? I'm curious.

Mine has to be the addition of Bakery Fresh. I had made it a habit of leaving the park and heading to Farmington Station to get a bite to eat during the day. I actually found myself staying on the park more and getting a salad or a wrap.

It was my youngest getting her 2nd coaster credit as in October she was now tall enough to ride BomBora. 2 years old and 2 coaster credits. My oldest also got her 13th coaster credit this year.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-18-2018, 01:27 PM)Willenator Wrote: What was the one thing you really liked that happened at Lagoon this year? Was it a special ride with someone? Something amusing that happened to your group? Was it a change that you really liked? I'm curious.

My friend got scared by a scare actor and made the most high pitched noise that I have ever heard!
Mine was Bakery Fresh. Hopefully the beer garden has indoor seating as well (allot of indoor seating).
I have had a few. I loved my trip to Frightmares this year. Many fun things happened. I also had the best ride on cannibal I had ever had.

But by far, my best memory is meeting Julie Freed and Adam Leishman(spokesperson) on the same day. I had always wanted to meet someone who is up on higher authority at lagoon for a while, and I managed to meet the director of frightmares and the spokesperson on the same day.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
My best thing was definitely roller coaster having new trains. The worst thing was verano returning. Bleck
(12-18-2018, 06:39 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: My best thing was definitely roller coaster having new trains.

How the heck could I forget that?  Geez, I really didn't get to the park much this year, did I?  Frown
For me it was that crazy storm in July that came out of nowhere.
(12-18-2018, 07:34 PM)Brăden Wrote: For me it was that crazy storm in July that came out of nowhere.

Win

I have a few videos from that. It was super crazy. It didn't even rain at my house in Roy that night.