LSM luanched water coaster

Yes Lagoon Please do this!
(11-30-2018, 12:24 PM)DeLorean Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOeGK7h2uOY
Yes Lagoon Please do this!

I watched this last week. While the concept looks cool, I'd don't know if it would scale correctly. I get some serious Verrückt at Schlitterbahn vibes from it.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-30-2018, 01:20 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I watched this last week. While the concept looks cool, I'd don't know if it would scale correctly. I get some serious Verrückt at Schlitterbahn  vibes from it.

The problem with Shlitterbahn was that it was launching people into the air.
Because of the run up time I doubt that this would happen. Still would be cool to see Lagoon do something awesome with a new water park
[Image: giphy.gif]

Maybe it's the software developer in me, but all I can think of looking at that design is "I wonder how big of a mess it'll be the first time a dry raft doesn't go around the face of the ramp completely and impales itself back on the point where the entry track merges in?"
(11-30-2018, 04:54 PM)DeLorean Wrote: The problem with Shlitterbahn was that it was launching people into the air.
Because of the run up time I doubt that this would happen. Still would be cool to see Lagoon do something awesome with a new water park
Schlitterbahn should never have opened Verruckt without Testing and Commissioning in correlation with Industry Best Practices. No wonder NBGS went out of Business.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Maybe it's because they didn't account for Big and Tall vs a normal person
Either way though this doesn't look like it would be something that you would hit your head on as there is really no hills like Schlitterbahn's ride.
And I am not a software engineer, but my brother is and I imagine that they could have had something weight the boat plus the riders and adjust how much power goes into propelling everything.
This is kinda what this ride sounds like it will do with the "Family" version of the ride