(01-24-2019, 09:01 PM)Gregory Wrote: True, $1 million for a couple of bathrooms or $1.3 million for a lot of capital improvements isn't cheap, (and I'm not by any means trying to say that all the various things I listed each cost the same thing by any means - the beer garden is going to have a different cost that a Kiddieland ride, which is going to have a different cost than moving Centennial Screamer) but at the same time it's not even close to the cost of Wicked alone (at a reported $10 million) and especially cheap when compared to Cannibal (which I have on good authority around here comes in at $26 million).  So when I say that something is "relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things," I'm saying that Lagoon isn't plopping down $10 million plus for a single thing.
I feel you, but still, Lagoon hasn't done things remotely inexpensive either. They've always taken something any other park would plop down, and plus the crap out of it. In my opinion, Red Rock Rally is the finest example of this. I mean, in 2018 Carowinds copied the "JEEPs," right down to the colors, and threw some Snoopy/Peanuts Character decals on them, a cheap backdrop, and metal running surface (as a cost cutting measure on casters) and called it good. Heck, Lagoon still has Kontiki's Original Backdrop that wasn't good enough. lol When it comes to General Park Improvements, Lagoon spends double what any other park (Including Cedar Fair, Six Flags, Disney, and Universal) does. I mean, seriously, Lagoon has the best looking bathrooms in any park I've ever visited. Disney's are the absolute worst. Knott's recently refurbished restroom is as close to Lagoon as anyone has gotten, and still, Lagoon is on a whole other level.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
And no one mentions spinning toilets are not cheap Shocked .
(01-25-2019, 01:12 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: And no one mentions spinning toilets are not cheap Shocked .

This is true.
(01-25-2019, 01:22 PM)Willenator Wrote: This is true.

Have u purchased one before???  Lol
(01-25-2019, 01:33 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Have u purchased one before???  Lol

Yes I have 2 lol Tongue
If it's not going to affect you in 5 years don't spend more than five minutes of your life being angry about it.
(01-25-2019, 01:33 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Have u purchased one before???  Lol

Of course.
(01-25-2019, 02:40 PM)CPrider Wrote: Yes I have 2 lol Tongue

(01-25-2019, 06:29 PM)Willenator Wrote: Of course.

Hopefully these are outside in your yards lol
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-25-2019, 06:48 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Hopefully these are outside in your yards lol

Not mine I enjoy a ride when I'm going to the bathroom Wink
If it's not going to affect you in 5 years don't spend more than five minutes of your life being angry about it.
(01-24-2019, 09:43 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I feel you, but still, Lagoon hasn't done things remotely inexpensive either. They've always taken something any other park would plop down, and plus the crap out of it. In my opinion, Red Rock Rally is the finest example of this. I mean, in 2018 Carowinds copied the "JEEPs," right down to the colors, and threw some Snoopy/Peanuts Character decals on them, a cheap backdrop, and metal running surface (as a cost cutting measure on casters) and called it good. Heck, Lagoon still has Kontiki's Original Backdrop that wasn't good enough. lol When it comes to General Park Improvements, Lagoon spends double what any other park (Including Cedar Fair, Six Flags, Disney, and Universal) does. I mean, seriously, Lagoon has the best looking bathrooms in any park I've ever visited. Disney's are the absolute worst. Knott's recently refurbished restroom is as close to Lagoon as anyone has gotten, and still, Lagoon is on a whole other level.

I'm sure besides the beirgarten there will be some regular park updates, such as building re-paints, and shake it up opening, plus some others. It was only until I visted other parks why I realized people call lagoon one of the more quiet and pretty parks, that updates more often than others. Other parks do not update and improve the park as lagoon does
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(01-24-2019, 09:43 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I feel you, but still, Lagoon hasn't done things remotely inexpensive either. They've always taken something any other park would plop down, and plus the crap out of it. In my opinion, Red Rock Rally is the finest example of this. I mean, in 2018 Carowinds copied the "JEEPs," right down to the colors, and threw some Snoopy/Peanuts Character decals on them, a cheap backdrop, and metal running surface (as a cost cutting measure on casters) and called it good. Heck, Lagoon still has Kontiki's Original Backdrop that wasn't good enough. lol When it comes to General Park Improvements, Lagoon spends double what any other park (Including Cedar Fair, Six Flags, Disney, and Universal) does. I mean, seriously, Lagoon has the best looking bathrooms in any park I've ever visited. Disney's are the absolute worst. Knott's recently refurbished restroom is as close to Lagoon as anyone has gotten, and still, Lagoon is on a whole other level.

Yes, most of what Lagoon (or really any other amusement park worth noting out there that's worth noting) spends isn't pocket change (yeah, the new bathrooms are very, very good), but what I mean is that  I don't feel that Lagoon will be spending on the order of several million dollars a ride any time soon.  While not all rides are going to be in the neighborhood of Cannibal's $26 million (or even Wicked's $10 million), there were others that undoubtedly cost a few million (BomBorra, Rattlesnake Rapids, etc.), while none of the non-Cannibal items done between 2014-2018, on an individual basis, cost as much (even combined, they don't cost as much as some of the more expensive items).

Sometimes, people here have mentioned how they'd like to see something like a mine train coaster, or LAB being moved somewhere else in the park so the land it's currently sitting on can be developed.  Even if those specific things aren't something Lagoon would consider, I think it would be safe to say that there would be some other multimillion dollar rides in the northern part besides Primordial - but I don't think that those will be happening within the next 3-4 years.