[split] North Entrance Gate Rumor/Speculation
(11-08-2018, 11:19 PM)A00967505 Wrote: What if they built a 5 story entrance building that went from the west side of the Double Thunder Raceway and Cannibal to just east of the maintenance building and from west of the north side of Cannibal to south of the sidewalk so that the south end of the building lines up with the south side of the east west midway. The ground level should have the main entrance, a secondary entrance between DTR and Cannibal, the season pasport building, the ticket building, guest services, all the other stuff near the entrance, and on the north side put either a bowling alley or an indoor water park. On the first floor on the north side I think they should move the Music Express and the Boomerang to there. In the middle where it lines up with just south of the DTR I think they should put a top hat roller coaster in and I think the tower should be just south of where Scrambler is currently located and where some of the games are. On the south end I think they should put an indoor miniature golf course in. On the second floor on the north end I think they should move the arcade and Dracula's Castle to there and also put a laser tag in. On the south end I think they should put the west loading station to an East West Sky Ride in and I think the east loading station should be just north of the north entrance to Pioneer Village. On the third floor I think they should put some restaurants in and some picnic tables in and the upper half of the laser tag in and I also think they should move some of the games to there. On the fourth floor I think it should be mostly picnic tables and towards the south end I think they should put a dive coaster in and I think they should have it where the lift hill is at the end instead of at the beginning. I also think they should build a new maintenance building in the area between Park lane and Lagoon Drive and I think they should put some parking spaces where the maintenance building is currently located so there will just be one parking lot instead of two. I also think they should add 2 more drop off areas in. One just south of where the entrance to the parking lot is currently located and another one just southeast and across the street from where I think they should move the maintenance building to.

Cool idea, but would definitely NEVER happen.
1) Lagoon already has a large-scale coaster that has a top-hat, Wicked.
2) Lagoon would never build an indoor water park, because for them, LAB is good enough.
3) Lagoon wouldn't want to move Dracula's Castle, or the arcade, because it would be REALLY expensive.
4) This structure that you're talking about, it would be really expensive. They would have to delay the next coaster by about 3 years. That would be about 7 years between coasters.
5) This building would be taller than lots of the coasters at the park, which as far as I know, no park has ever built a structure that is taller than most of their rides.
6) Music Express is already on the chopping block, due to the Jumping Dragon.
7) This building would be able to act as a stand-alone entertainment complex, similar to Boondocks.
8) Lagoon would likely never get a dive coaster, as they have two coasters that have very steep drops, and the way that you're talking, they would have four coasters with vertical or steeper drops, which simply doesn't make any sense for a park like Lagoon.
9) Lagoon would not want to put a Sky Ride up so high, that they would have to build a loading station up three stories just to unload. Also, the amount of stairs that would be required for it would just be bad.
10) Lagoon simply doesn't need another drop-off area.
(11-10-2018, 01:59 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I would really want a new style of entrance, because the current one is just really dated... It would be cool if at some point, if Lagoon did build an entrance near Cannibal, if they built an in-house wing coaster to go over the entrance. Wing coasters are crowd pleasers. The GP absolutely loves wing coasters.
1983 to be exact, I believe.

I also wouldn't say Wing Coasters are "loved" by the GP. If they were, you would see more in Six Flags or Cedar Fair Parks. If you mean the Chinese GP loves them, sure. lol This is just a different opinion based on numbers.

(11-10-2018, 04:53 PM)gregwibert Wrote: I like the idea except I think this new entrance should be for everyone. How much could it cost to have an employee with a hand stamp and computer access to verify? I do realize the main gate isn't really that far of a walk but let's face it, some people don't want to walk it. lol 
Do I really need to go over the previous post of labor and infrastructure.

(11-10-2018, 07:57 PM)DeLorean Wrote: They could easily have the person that is running the camp side letting people into the park... Wouldn't be that hard if they put the office closer to the fence or made a fenced walk way from the camping office.
There's no logistical way to really make that work.

(11-10-2018, 09:58 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Cool idea, but would definitely NEVER happen.
1) Lagoon already has a large-scale coaster that has a top-hat, Wicked.
2) Lagoon would never build an indoor water park, because for them, LAB is good enough.
3) Lagoon wouldn't want to move Dracula's Castle, or the arcade, because it would be REALLY expensive.
4) This structure that you're talking about, it would be really expensive. They would have to delay the next coaster by about 3 years. That would be about 7 years between coasters.
5) This building would be taller than lots of the coasters at the park, which as far as I know, no park has ever built a structure that is taller than most of their rides.
6) Music Express is already on the chopping block, due to the Jumping Dragon.
7) This building would be able to act as a stand-alone entertainment complex, similar to Boondocks.
8) Lagoon would likely never get a dive coaster, as they have two coasters that have very steep drops, and the way that you're talking, they would have four coasters with vertical or steeper drops, which simply doesn't make any sense for a park like Lagoon.
9) Lagoon would not want to put a Sky Ride up so high, that they would have to build a loading station up three stories just to unload. Also, the amount of stairs that would be required for it would just be bad.
10) Lagoon simply doesn't need another drop-off area.
Musik Express is in no way on "The chopping block" and surmising it is because Lagoon installed Jumping Dragon is like arguing Puff should be removed because BomBora opened.

Von Roll Sky Ride?

Lagoon needs a larger drop off area definitely.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I've decided on top of the campground entrance, that I want a private entrance for Lagoon Is Fun members. Tongue
(11-11-2018, 01:15 AM)Willenator Wrote: ...I want a private entrance for Lagoon Is Fun members. Tongue

Another one?  Everyone knows that's what the bone yard is f... wait, I've said too much.
(11-10-2018, 11:02 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Musik Express is in no way on "The chopping block" and surmising it is because Lagoon installed Jumping Dragon is like arguing Puff should be removed because BomBora opened.

Musik Express and Jumping Dragon are basically the exact same ride, except that the Jumping Dragon has theming and goes backwards. It isn't like arguing that Puff should be removed, because Puff is a Kiddie Coaster, and BomBora is a family coaster, and BomBora has a unique layout, AND, BomBora has better theming.
(11-11-2018, 01:35 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Musik Express and Jumping Dragon are basically the exact same ride, except that the Jumping Dragon has theming and goes backwards. It isn't like arguing that Puff should be removed, because Puff is a Kiddie Coaster, and BomBora is a family coaster, and BomBora has a unique layout, AND, BomBora has better theming.

I actually thought linearinduction's comparison was pretty apropos.  Puff and BomBora are both family coasters (adults can ride Puff with kids just as they can on BomBora); BomBora has better themeing & more ride features.  Musik & Dragon are both undulating, rotating flat rides; Dragon has better themeing & more ride features.

Regardless...

There are plenty of times we indulge in speculation around these forums, but they're always clearly labeled as such, and it's for entertainment purposes only.  We might start a discussion with, for example, a question like "If Lagoon did remove another ride, what do you think the next one removed might be?"  Clearly, that's a topic for people's speculation and opinions.

It's another thing entirely to blatantly posit "Musik is on the chopping block":  that's a hard statement of fact, and if you come on these forums with something that bold, you'd better have some facts in evidence to back that claim up; otherwise, get out of here with that crap.  It's not the first time you've made a bold claim on these forums and then failed to be able to back it up with a single shred of proof; watch yourself before it becomes a problem.
(11-11-2018, 01:35 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Musik Express and Jumping Dragon are basically the exact same ride, except that the Jumping Dragon has theming and goes backwards. It isn't like arguing that Puff should be removed, because Puff is a Kiddie Coaster, and BomBora is a family coaster, and BomBora has a unique layout, AND, BomBora has better theming.
Allow me to elaborate (for like the dozenth time on LIF)

Jumping Dragon does not have a minimum height requirement (same as Puff), so any child that can sit upright can ride (same as Puff) as long as they are with a responsible person who meets that minimum height requirement (same as Puff).

Musik Express has a minimum height requirement of 36" (same as BomBora).

The only similarities between BomBora and Jumping Dragon are the individual seats and lapbars.

Jumping Dragon is a Family Ride and Musik Express is a Dynamic and Aggressive Thrill Ride.

Additionally, besides a gear box, Jumping Dragon has much more similarities to BomBora than Musik Express, as Musik does not operate on a Tubular Steel Rail and use Roller Coaster type Bogies/Wheel Housings.

(11-11-2018, 02:00 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: I actually thought linearinduction's comparison was pretty apropos.  Puff and BomBora are both family coasters (adults can ride Puff with kids just as they can on BomBora); BomBora has better themeing & more ride features.  Musik & Dragon are both undulating, rotating flat rides; Dragon has better themeing & more ride features.

Regardless...

There are plenty of times we indulge in speculation around these forums, but they're always clearly labeled as such, and it's for entertainment purposes only.  We might start a discussion with, for example, a question like "If Lagoon did remove another ride, what do you think the next one removed might be?"  Clearly, that's a topic for people's speculation and opinions.

It's another thing entirely to blatantly posit "Musik is on the chopping block":  that's a hard statement of fact, and if you come on these forums with something that bold, you'd better have some facts in evidence to back that claim up; otherwise, get out of here with that crap.  It's not the first time you've made a bold claim on these forums and then failed to be able to back it up with a single shred of proof; watch yourself before it becomes a problem.
You are totally going to get "Fun" PMs from this User.....May the Odds be Forever in Your Favor! lol

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-11-2018, 05:27 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Another one?  Everyone knows that's what the bone yard is f... wait, I've said too much.
No! I was trying to throw them off the trail.
(11-11-2018, 02:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You are totally going to get "Fun" PMs from this User.....May the Odds be Forever in Your Favor! lol

You mean I might not be popular on the Internet?  Oh noes!  Shocked
Just noticed this thread. At one point in time, Lagoon did have two entrances. The second entrance was located in back, when Lagoon Lane went all the way through, prior to construction of LAB. They had a single ticket window, but it was a great entrance for season pass holders. I think they just didn't let anyone in until rope drop, which was an easy solution. It also made it easy for drop off and pick up of kids, which is why I think it was eventually closed (traffic and on-street parking began to become a problem).

-Z