Interview with Adam Leishman about W. K. Train animals
(10-10-2018, 08:18 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: I did, yep.  Nothing super highly skilled, but I spent many weeks in the Farmington winter out there drilling holes, turning wrenches, and doing heavy lifting.  Couldn't do it today if you paid me, but I'm glad to say I was part of it back then.  As a tinkerer, it was fun as hell watching it go together.

That is so sweet! Do you by chance see the other railroad (Forgot its name) in the rattlesnake rapids area being dismantled? Or seeing old pieces of it or what it looked like. That is cool that you got to work in and see that area being built.
(10-10-2018, 10:20 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: That is so sweet! Do you by chance see the other railroad (Forgot its name) in the rattlesnake rapids area being dismantled? Or seeing old pieces of it or what it looked like. That is cool that you got to work in and see that area being built.

Nah, by the time I got working up there that winter, it was mostly fitting out.  The engineering & concrete work was already done, I was just involved with helping install railings, lift machinery, station platform/conveyors, etc.  All the demolition & earth moving was done long before that when I was back in the shop packing bearings & rebuilding lap bars.

I'm sketchy on the timeline of when PVRR was torn out, but I think it was a good while before Rattlesnake was installed.  I'm sure Braden or linearinduction or someone will have better stats on that.
They tore it out to build Lagoon A Beach.

Parts of it are still there. A locomotive is by Rattlesanke Rapids and the old zoo and rail bridges are now on the Lagoon Trail.
I like dark rides

(10-10-2018, 10:52 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Nah, by the time I got working up there that winter, it was mostly fitting out.  The engineering & concrete work was already done, I was just involved with helping install railings, lift machinery, station platform/conveyors, etc.  All the demolition & earth moving was done long before that when I was back in the shop packing bearings & rebuilding lap bars.

I'm sketchy on the timeline of when PVRR was torn out, but I think it was a good while before Rattlesnake was installed.  I'm sure Braden or linearinduction or someone will have better stats on that.

I believe PVRR started being torn out with the building of LAB in 1988-1989.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-10-2018, 11:00 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I believe PVRR started being torn out with the building of LAB in 1988-1989.
The grade crossing into PV and the track below the slides was not reinstalled for 1989. The Green Train's Coaches and Tender was parked behind Main Street (Ice Cream Shop, Hardware Store, Pony Express Museum, etc.) until around 1993/1994. The locomotive was stored on the spur tarped until 1993/1994. At that point, the whole train was put out by the warehouse where it remained until 1997, when it was moved to it's new home, painted as it was in 1989 with "The Wild Kingdom Train" on the Tender. The locomotive and tender disappeared for a short time in 1998 when it was repainted into the "Rattlesnake Rapids" Loco and Tender.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island