Visiting in October
Hello all, 

I am California coaster enthusiast considering taking a road trip to Lagoon in October. I see on their website that the park is open this time of year and actually stays open quite late. However, I'm wondering do they actually keep all the coasters (specifically Cannibal, but really I'd like to ride most of them) open during that time of year? Obviously, everything is subject to weather, but generally speaking, do they keep the coasters open that time of year, or is it basically just the Halloween stuff? 

Thanks in advance!
(09-09-2018, 11:56 AM)The First Drop Wrote: Hello all, 

I am California coaster enthusiast considering taking a road trip to Lagoon in October. I see on their website that the park is open this time of year and actually stays open quite late. However, I'm wondering do they actually keep all the coasters (specifically Cannibal, but really I'd like to ride most of them) open during that time of year? Obviously, everything is subject to weather, but generally speaking, do they keep the coasters open that time of year, or is it basically just the Halloween stuff? 

Thanks in advance!

The coasters are all kept open. The only rides they close are the water rides; Log Flume, Rattlesnake Rapids, and maybe Cliffhanger and Odyssea but I'm not sure about those two.
I like dark rides

And of course, Lagoon A Beach is now closed as well for the rest of the year.
Now that I think about it they also close Scamper, which is the kiddie bumper cars, for a kids trick-or-treat haunt thing. You couldn't ride it anyway unless you're like 7. I think last year they also closed Skyscraper which is the giant Ferris Wheel and took all the gondolas off of it. I don't know why, maybe it was just a one-time maintenance thing.

I doubt any of these things are what you're after though. The coasters keep running till the end.
I like dark rides

(09-10-2018, 01:01 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Now that I think about it they also close Scamper, which is the kiddie bumper cars, for a kids trick-or-treat haunt thing. You couldn't ride it anyway unless you're like 7. I think last year they also closed Skyscraper which is the giant Ferris Wheel and took all the gondolas off of it. I don't know why, maybe it was just a one-time maintenance thing.

I doubt any of these things are what you're after though. The coasters keep running till the end.
I have rode rattlesnake rapids during Frightmares in October. (It was however in the afternoon on a very warm October day)
(09-10-2018, 01:41 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I have rode rattlesnake rapids during Frightmares in October. (It was however in the afternoon on a very warm October day)

I have as well. However, Lagoon usually turns the waterfall off... usually...  Wink
And I just remembered that I did ride Cliffhanger once during Frightmares a few years ago.
(09-09-2018, 12:00 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: The coasters are all kept open. The only rides they close are the water rides; Log Flume, Rattlesnake Rapids, and maybe Cliffhanger and Odyssea but I'm not sure about those two.
Sky Scraper usually closes after UEA, for annual maintenance, and Rattlesnake Rapids has always stayed open during FRIGHTMARES!, as long as the weather permitted. Log Flume has closed after UEA at times as well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island