Lagoon Biergarten
(10-09-2018, 12:26 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: ...And somehow, they still managed to bring up the zoo. I just...

To be fair, a friend pointed out that
A: what guests see does seem too small and depressing
B: The fact that the animals are rescues is not widely known, and
B.1: even if it is known there isn't a way to source it past "uh... This guy on the internet who claims to have worked for Lagoon with the animals."

I think that's another case of Lagoon's PR department failing. If there was a "cool facts" sign in the station that talked about them being rescue animals, and if there is a bigger structure for the animals providing details about that, it might at least help the public opinion.
(10-09-2018, 03:28 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: To be fair, a friend pointed out that
B.1: even if it is known there isn't a way to source it past "uh... This guy on the internet who claims to have worked for Lagoon with the animals."

I think that's another case of Lagoon's PR department failing. If there was a "cool facts" sign in the station that talked about them being rescue animals, and if there is a bigger structure for the animals providing details about that, it might at least help the public opinion.

Not disagreeing with any of those points at all.  In fact, I totally support the idea that Lagoon is shooting itself in the foot by not being proactive about telling it how it is about the zoo.  They'd have so much positive PR if they just went public and said some of those things; as it is, it seems like they're trying to hide the subject.  There are times to keep quiet, and there are times when you really need to lay out the truth and put rumors to bed.

I just think it's amazing that any time Lagoon is mentioned -- even for something completely circumstantial -- it always draws out people complaining about the zoo.

I will say, I particularly laughed at one commenter's reasoning that Lagoon was suffering a loss of visitors and revenue because of the zoo and the treatment of the animals.  Clearly someone who's not been to the park in the past few years!   Laugh

Back on topic, I noticed this comment from someone on reddit in a thread about Biergarten:

Quote:I work for a fire sprinkler contractor and we put in a bid to install fire sprinklers in this venue. From what I saw, it's going to be two decent-sized buildings, so I'm sure it will be the type where you have to enjoy your adult beverages in the pavilions. Excited to see them choosing to add this type of venue.

(source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/SaltLakeCity/co...n_in_2019/)
(10-09-2018, 03:28 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: To be fair, a friend pointed out that

A) What guests see is irrelevant to the care and well being of said animals. None of these people know anything about the care of these types of animals. They all buy into the AZA Propaganda that perpetuates the lie that animals are happier and healthier in multi-million dollar habitats where they only spend a fraction of time on exhibit and the rest in an indoor concrete and steel box. The fact of the matter is, the "Concrete and Steel Cages" are to protect the Animals from selfish and ignorant people, not protect people from the animals. Lagoon's enclosures are infinitely easier to maintain, disinfect, and keep contamination out and the animals ultimately safe and healthy.

B) Calling them rescued animals is perhaps not going far enough. We all know how those PETA "no kill" animal rescue centers work....over 80% Euthanized and thrown in Dumpsters. Many of Lagoon's current animals came from facilities, zoos, animal parks, and sanctuaries that shut down during the great recession and/or abusive and horrendous conditions. While I cannot verify the story, it was said that the lighter colored Bactrain camel, named Lugar, that I worked with, originally came from the LaCalle Restaurant. According to the story, LaCalle was going to euthanize him unless a new home could be found, because he wasn't "active" enough for them or their guests. Lagoon was the only facility that had the space and expertise to save him from death. I've read many times that AZA "Accredited" Zoos, like Hogle, cannot accept random animals because the animal could not be part of their Species Survival Plan as their Genetics cannot be verified. Only AZA Accredited Facilities can breed their animals with each other. There are few facilities with the means and motivation to do what Lagoon has done and continues to do.

C) I don't claim, I did, and I can prove it! However, I did not work with these particular animals because most of them have passed on from old age and poor health from living way beyond what is normal in their species. I did work with many animals that are of the same species however.

(10-09-2018, 03:48 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Not disagreeing with any of those points at all.  In fact, I totally support the idea that Lagoon is shooting itself in the foot by not being proactive about telling it how it is about the zoo.  They'd have so much positive PR if they just went public and said some of those things; as it is, it seems like they're trying to hide the subject.  There are times to keep quiet, and there are times when you really need to lay out the truth and put rumors to bed.

I just think it's amazing that any time Lagoon is mentioned -- even for something completely circumstantial -- it always draws out people complaining about the zoo.

I will say, I particularly laughed at one commenter's reasoning that Lagoon was suffering a loss of visitors and revenue because of the zoo and the treatment of the animals.  Clearly someone who's not been to the park in the past few years!  

Back on topic, I noticed this comment from someone on reddit in a thread about Biergarten:

(source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/SaltLakeCity/co...n_in_2019/)
I think it would be great if Lagoon reached out more to the public, but understand that when you are dealing with a domestic terrorist organization and related groups, it's not worth the time or effort.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-09-2018, 06:51 PM)linearinduction Wrote: A) What guests see is irrelevant to the care and well being of said animals. None of these people know anything about the care of these types of animals. They all buy into the AZA Propaganda that perpetuates the lie that animals are happier and healthier in multi-million dollar habitats where they only spend a fraction of time on exhibit and the rest in an indoor concrete and steel box. The fact of the matter is, the "Concrete and Steel Cages" are to protect the Animals from selfish and ignorant people, not protect people from the animals. Lagoon's enclosures are infinitely easier to maintain, disinfect, and keep contamination out and the animals ultimately safe and healthy.

B) Calling them rescues is perhaps a bit too far. Many came from facilities, zoos, animal parks, and sanctuaries that shut down during the great recession.

C) I don't claim, I did, and I can prove it! However, I did not work with these particular animals because most of them have passed on from old age and poor health from living way beyond what is normal in their species.

I think it would be great if Lagoon reached out more to the public, but understand that when you are dealing with a domestic terrorist organization and related groups, it's not worth the time or effort.

What do terrorist organizations  have to do with zoo protesters? I do not want to sound sarcastic or ignorant, I really don't understand what you are trying to say.
(10-09-2018, 07:46 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: What do terrorist organizations  have to do with zoo protesters? I do not want to sound sarcastic or ignorant, I really don't understand what you are trying to say.
Members of PETA threatened to "blow up the train" at Lagoon back in 2000. Just a little refresher... Lagoon's Steam Locomotives are Propane Fuelled and Carry Propane Tanks in their Tenders. It was said, that if one of those tanks were to explode, it would take out the Main Propane Tank, and it's a big one, and "blow up everything south of Terroride" and kill and injure all animals in the zoo and kill and injure thousands of guests.

Some of the facts are that PETA has donated money to the Earth Liberation Front and given $70,000 to a convicted animal rights arsonist. PETA were even the "spokesperson" for the Animal Liberation Front. PETA continues, to this day, to hire Convicted Animal Liberation Front Terrorists and funding their legal defense. PETA's founder was even involved in an ALF Arson.

These facts are all easily obtainable.

Start here:
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/t...oterrorism

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(10-09-2018, 12:26 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I broke the first rule & started reading some of the comments on their Facebook post.  Holy crap, the ignorance is strong with the posters in that one...

...And somehow, they still managed to bring up the zoo.  I just...

I saw your comment and the individual that immediately went off on you in ignorance. I laughed because she had no idea how informed you are. lol
(10-10-2018, 07:12 AM)gregwibert Wrote: I saw your comment and the individual that immediately went off on you in ignorance. I laughed because she had no idea how informed you are. lol

I didn't even go back to look.  I wish I'd have done the same after my reply to someone on reddit...  Confused Cry
Be interesting to see the buildings and theming start to come up. It will be fun to watch also the new dark ride.

Work is progressing on the beer garden. I wish I could have gotten a pic from the west side of the station. They've got footers going in all over the area. It looks like foundations for 2 good sized buildings. The others may be planters.
(10-21-2018, 01:10 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Work is progressing on the beer garden. I wish I could have gotten a pic from the west side of the station. They've got footers going in all over the area. It looks like foundations for 2 good sized buildings. The others may be planters.
Took these tonight. Should have turned off the flash for a couple.[Image: 97bae8efc4f10ec7b7185aded2e50b4f.jpg][Image: 827bf0f7c6b61457ba4f458c834eeb36.jpg][Image: fcf0e29c858a3087d6ec688b5508aa53.jpg][Image: a35a7ed060a45ece62bb6464e83010e2.jpg][Image: c8541305a65848fb593def709bc596bb.jpg][Image: 4a3986fce766b341fb5a22df98188055.jpg][Image: 864526ec424c43a09a27d04279594c93.jpg]