Disney World
I'm going to Disney World this October. I'm as surprised by this announcement as the rest of you because it wasn't planned. I won a trip through a training program I use for work. Since this was a little out of nowhere, I'm wondering if any of you have advice for me.

My biggest concern is my weight. I know I won't be able to ride everything I want to, but I hope I can ride some things. I'd love to ride Haunted Mansion, but I don't know what the restraint system is like. Are any of you familiar with the rides at all?
WE ALL DEMAND PICTURES!!!!!

LOL!

I'm sure the ride system is the same as Disneylands which means the restraints shouldn't cause any issue on Haunted Mansion.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
All of the restraint systems (except space mountain?) are the same as you would find in their Disneyland counterparts. Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom uses the exact same omnimover vehicles as Disneyland. Hope you have a great time!
That's awesome. Congratulations! It's been a while since I was there, so I don't know if I have any helpful advice. Except...depending on where you're staying...beware of the buses. We stayed on property and we all felt like we were waiting for the buses to and from the hotel for half the trip. It's especially bad when the parks close. But, maybe October isn't as busy as May?
(08-21-2018, 11:44 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I'm sure the ride system is the same as Disneylands which means the restraints shouldn't cause any issue on Haunted Mansion.

What are the restraints like? I've never been to Disneyland, so I have no clue. lol

(08-21-2018, 04:34 PM)Brăden Wrote: That's awesome. Congratulations! It's been a while since I was there, so I don't know if I have any helpful advice. Except...depending on where you're staying...beware of the buses. We stayed on property and we all felt like we were waiting for the buses to and from the hotel for half the trip. It's especially bad when the parks close. But, maybe October isn't as busy as May?

I just got the info. We'll be staying the Boardwalk Inn. It says that the hotel is within walking distance of Epcot.
(08-22-2018, 01:16 AM)Willenator Wrote: What are the restraints like? I've never been to Disneyland, so I have no clue. lol

I just got the info. We'll be staying the Boardwalk Inn. It says that the hotel is within walking distance of Epcot.

They're just a metal bar on a hinge. It doesn't even lock I don't think. Kinda like Terroride but the hinge is on the side instead of the bottom. Some of the other dark rides might have a tidal-wave like lapbar. You should be able to ride the dark rides, boat rides, transport rides, teacups, Splash Mtn. and possibly some roller coasters. Google it. Disney doesn't have many rides that require individual secured hydraulic restraints to keep you alive like Lagoon does. I think the few rides where you could have issues have a test seat.
I like dark rides

Binge these two channels:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkEco5n...bFS6Qho6Fw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnpWedL...hgTLdB9Yyg
(08-22-2018, 02:45 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: They're just a metal bar on a hinge. It doesn't even lock I don't think. Kinda like Terroride but the hinge is on the side instead of the bottom. Some of the other dark rides might have a tidal-wave like lapbar. You should be able to ride the dark rides, boat rides, transport rides, teacups, Splash Mtn. and possibly some roller coasters. Google it. Disney doesn't have many rides that require individual secured hydraulic restraints to keep you alive like Lagoon does. I think the few rides where you could have issues have a test seat.

Good to know. I spent a couple of hours last night on Google seeing what I could find. I found a website that shows the restraint systems and discusses differences in them. It does appear I will be able to ride more than I thought. Here is the website I found for anyone interested. http://www.allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm

(08-22-2018, 03:25 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: Binge these two channels:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkEco5n...bFS6Qho6Fw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnpWedL...hgTLdB9Yyg

Watching now. Thanks!
(08-22-2018, 02:45 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: They're just a metal bar on a hinge. It doesn't even lock I don't think. Kinda like Terroride but the hinge is on the side instead of the bottom. Some of the other dark rides might have a tidal-wave like lapbar. You should be able to ride the dark rides, boat rides, transport rides, teacups, Splash Mtn. and possibly some roller coasters. Google it. Disney doesn't have many rides that require individual secured hydraulic restraints to keep you alive like Lagoon does. I think the few rides where you could have issues have a test seat.
They do lock, and I have a friend who used be maintenance on Mansion. Wink

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-26-2018, 11:57 AM)linearinduction Wrote: They do lock, and I have a friend who used be maintenance on Mansion. Wink

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Theyd have to lock. Disney is the GP's destination park lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West