Lagoon Campground
Lagoon has limited space.  Many have suggested that one of the parking lots or Pioneer Village could be taken out to make more space for a growing Lagoon for Utah's growing population.  

The campground takes up quite a bit of space.  It's definitely as big as the occupied space in Pioneer Village.  It is no longer the only way to stay close to the park with the Hampton and Hyatt Regency across the street.  

Do you think Lagoon will continue to cater to campers and if so for how much longer?  I can't think of another amusement park that has an adjacent campground like Lagoon's.
I think they will for a good while, as they did a ton of work this off-season adding a bunch of new utilities and spots to the campground. They may even have some agreement with the city to keep the campground as a sort of buffer for the Farmington River Trail. They have tons of empty space to work with on the north end too.

I'd guess it'll be there as long as there's demand for it, the only change I imagine happening might be the removal of low priced camping spots to accommodate more expensive guest cabins.

Disney world has a campground with tent spaces, RV spaces and cabins.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort...tes-rooms/
I like dark rides

My wife says the campground for deluxe pads remains booked at 3 month wait time. They are planning more full hookup sites and it’ll probably mean the end of tent camping.
Very new at coasters because I have light motion sickness that has been unpredictable. But here it goes 10 roller coasters and counting.
(07-24-2018, 07:50 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: Lagoon has limited space.  Many have suggested that one of the parking lots or Pioneer Village could be taken out to make more space for a growing Lagoon for Utah's growing population.  

The campground takes up quite a bit of space.  It's definitely as big as the occupied space in Pioneer Village.  It is no longer the only way to stay close to the park with the Hampton and Hyatt Regency across the street.  

Do you think Lagoon will continue to cater to campers and if so for how much longer?  I can't think of another amusement park that has an adjacent campground like Lagoon's.

Tearing out PV will never happen and that is a great thing! Lagoon I bet keeps its camping for a good long time to come. Its always fun and an easy money maker.

Silverwood's Camping is adjacent to the park.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(07-24-2018, 07:50 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: Lagoon has limited space.  Many have suggested that one of the parking lots or Pioneer Village could be taken out to make more space for a growing Lagoon for Utah's growing population.  

Why would Lagoon literally Slaughter a Cash Cow/Sacred Cow?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I've wondered that about the campgrounds a couple of times myself, but I don't think the campgrounds are going anywhere. True, it's not the only place to stay near Lagoon, but as others have noted, it's just far too profitable for Lagoon to have any reason to want to get rid of it.
(07-25-2018, 01:12 AM)Gregory Wrote: I've wondered that about the campgrounds a couple of times myself, but I don't think the campgrounds are going anywhere. True, it's not the only place to stay near Lagoon, but as others have noted, it's just far too profitable for Lagoon to have any reason to want to get rid of it.
Especially considering how Cedar Fair has invested heavily in their Accommodations and Camp Grounds at all of their properties with them, in the past several years. Lagoon is simply following the trend, and the new sites are fantastic!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I have never camped there/no need but my aunt absolutely loves it. I'm sure the campground is part of a noise/zoning compromise. Also why would they tear that down when there's tons of available space on the north end?
(07-25-2018, 01:47 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: ...when there's tons of available space on the north end?

Well, for now.  Give it a year or two. Wink
It will be interesting to see how the north midway expansion develops.