Elk died at Lagoon
https://www.ksl.com/article/46363661/ani...-at-lagoon

This makes me laugh... Also I wonder what the protestors are doing down in New Orleans over the cougar escaping and killing 7 of the animals... It happens people... get over it.
We have ridden the train a few times this year... Having actually gone to a game reserve and going into the lions den (with a car of course) these animals look much better then if they where out in the wild
I'm triggered more by the use of a picture with snow on the mountains on an article written in July.
(07-20-2018, 01:02 AM)Willenator Wrote: I'm triggered more by the use of a picture with snow on the mountains on an article written in July.

That's the "Lagoon is closed and I need a picture of Lagoon" photo. I've taken the same shot myself.

--

I'm glad to see Lagoon address this with some statements about the type of care they provide. I don't think I've seen them do that before. The only place I've ever heard details about the animal's care is from the protesters and from some weird guy on the internet.

There's a lot of people out there that get bummed out seeing the big cats particularly. I would like to see the train turned into a nice dark ride with some caves and waterfalls and bridges and crystal caverns and animations. If there's compelling reasons not to relocate the animals I think Lagoon would be very well served by pointing them out.

I remember sheep living under Roller Coaster in the 80's. I don't think anybody cared back then.
I like dark rides

Everybody already knows that Lagoon sucks!

http://web.archive.org/web/2001042810431...sucks.com/
(07-20-2018, 01:56 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I remember sheep living under Roller Coaster in the 80's. I don't think anybody cared back then.

I think they were goats, but you are right. Nobody cared. I think they did a great job of keeping down the weeds and eating the hats/stuffed animals that fell off the ride. You could even spend a quarter and feed them food pellets.

-Z
(07-20-2018, 01:56 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I would like to see the train turned into a nice dark ride with some caves and waterfalls and bridges and crystal caverns and animations.

I would love to see something like that!
That would be cool,
Hopefully the meat didnt go to waste.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(07-20-2018, 01:56 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I would like to see the train turned into a nice dark ride with some caves and waterfalls and bridges and crystal caverns and animations.

The Wild Kingdom Train would be much more entertaining with creatures created using animatronics. They could have anything (dinosaurs, dragons, goblins, simulated tigers, skeletons, etc.) Cedar Point has Boneville (skeletons). No one protests they are treating the animatronic skeletons poorly. lol

Wild Kingdom Train has the potential to serve as a really awesome dark ride if done right.
(07-21-2018, 05:10 PM)gregwibert Wrote: The Wild Kingdom Train would be much more entertaining with creatures created using animatronics. They could have anything (dinosaurs, dragons, goblins, simulated tigers, skeletons, etc.) Cedar Point has Boneville (skeletons). No one protests they are treating the animatronic skeletons poorly. lol

Wild Kingdom Train has the potential to serve as a really awesome dark ride if done right.

That sounds like a great idea to me, lot less cost also the animatronic animals dont eat as much.  I think the general public would also be a lot happier, dont have to worry about anyone complaining about there enclosures being too small or the care of them.   Rolleyes