Crowd size
(07-13-2018, 01:03 AM)DeLorean Wrote: It will serve things like Funeral potatoes?

Now that would be sweet!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(07-12-2018, 10:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'm holding out hope that this Beer Garden happens and Lagoon will have monthly food and drink festivals like many Cedar Fair Parks have, like Brews and BBQ at Cedar Point, Taste of the Carolinas at Carowinds, The Boysenberry Festival at Knott's, Taste of Virginia at Kings Dominion, etc. Pretty certain Lagoon could do a "Pie and Beer Day Festival" and make some money with pie and local brews and have some fun. Could imagine a small live performance stage for live bands and stuff as well. So many amazing opportunities with this "Beer Garden."

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Pie Pantry at Cherry Hill might be able to provide the pies. They have awesome pie over there Smile

It'd be awesome to bring in local Utah food! And yes, as a transplant to Utah, I have developed a taste for funeral potatoes. LOL  Laugh
(07-12-2018, 10:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'm holding out hope that this Beer Garden happens and Lagoon will have monthly food and drink festivals like many Cedar Fair Parks have, like Brews and BBQ at Cedar Point, Taste of the Carolinas at Carowinds, The Boysenberry Festival at Knott's, Taste of Virginia at Kings Dominion, etc. Pretty certain Lagoon could do a "Pie and Beer Day Festival" and make some money with pie and local brews and have some fun. Could imagine a small live performance stage for live bands and stuff as well. So many amazing opportunities with this "Beer Garden."

I'm hoping too. First of all I know this is Utah but I make my living in the alcohol industry. ALLOT of people in this state drink. Lagoon is missing a huge opportunity in beer sales that other parks having been benefiting from for years. I also do not believe they would go through the hassle and expense of having an active beer license if they did not plan on using it.
Or do they have to have it cause people can bring in drinks?
(07-13-2018, 06:12 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Or do they have to have it cause people can bring in drinks?
They wouldn't need one for people to bring in their own. Plus they only have a beer license which wouldn't cover the other drinks people bring in.
(07-14-2018, 12:47 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: They wouldn't need one for people to bring in their own. Plus they only have a beer license which wouldn't cover the other drinks people bring in.

I don't know how this works lol
(07-13-2018, 02:34 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I'm hoping too. First of all I know this is Utah but I make my living in the alcohol industry. ALLOT of people in this state drink. Lagoon is missing a huge opportunity in beer sales that other parks having been benefiting from for years. I also do not believe they would go through the hassle and expense of having an active beer license if they did not plan on using it.
Lagoon has the beer license for group sales and those companies or groups that want to have beer provided, like The Knights of Columbus each year.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-14-2018, 02:43 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon has the beer license for group sales and those companies or groups that want to have beer provided, like The Knights of Columbus each year.

Thanks for the info Sid.
Didn't make it last Friday (7/6), but did make it this Friday (7/13). A few things of note:

BomBora's audio system wasn't working, at least in the morning when I went on it, and the Roller Coaster was running both the red and blue trains.

The Hydro-Luge tower is finally gone, except for the cement pillars that held the supports and a pile of dirt (I've noticed that I'm not the only one who's spotted that; Shane sent in some pics to Will, which were posted over in the "Lagoon 2018 Photos" thread over in the "Photos & Videos" board). Similarly, the Music Theater is (as other have noted) also gone; I did not see any construction occurring there yet.

While I did not go on Cliffhanger, whenever I did go by it there was an actual line for it, which I don't recall having seen in past years (I think I might have seen a line for it years ago, though it's certainly been a long time since I've seen anyone waiting for any length of time to get on).

Most other rides didn't have too much of a wait - Cannibal (which had some technical issues early on and didn't open when the park did) was the major exception (though LAB was also crowded in the early afternoon), though it wasn't a problem for me (the advantage of being a single rider).

In LAB, one of the completely enclosed water slides had been removed (I think it was the one called Twist - the one that starts out on the right-most side at the top) had been removed (might not be news to most people here, I realize, but it was to me!). I also poked my head into Carousel Candy, but didn't buy anything.

I also tried the wrap at the PV Bakery - it was indeed quite good and definitely filling. I would certainly consider buying another one in the future. (A note to any Lagoon execs reading this: I think you have a winner with this one!)
Bombora's audio system wasn't working for us on Friday evening either. We rode it specifically to jam to beach boys but no audio  Cry