Fun House
Does anybody know what's going on in the space where the Fun House used to be?  Do the current shops cut into it?  

The slide tower still exists and is prominent in front of the park.  Do you think that Lagoon would ever consider bringing it back?  If so, what would be the legality/liability of certain elements of the Fun House?
(06-26-2018, 04:03 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: Does anybody know what's going on in the space where the Fun House used to be?  Do the current shops cut into it?  

The slide tower still exists and is prominent in front of the park.  Do you think that Lagoon would ever consider bringing it back?  If so, what would be the legality/liability of certain elements of the Fun House?
It's all occupied with Food Prep Areas and Safety and Security.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-26-2018, 04:03 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: Does anybody know what's going on in the space where the Fun House used to be?  Do the current shops cut into it?  

Beaver tails is where the obstacle course was. As far as I know the top half of the slides is the only remnant. They could and should make another year-round walk-through attraction. They've had at least 2 in the past and it's sad that there are now zero. They could make a new fun house, but it would be very different due to safety concerns. The way the old fun house was it could be expected that there would be a few injuries here and there. At one point that was OK, but it isn't anymore. Things need to be completely safe. Medical care just gets more and more outrageously expensive.

I miss the fun house more than any other ride. Frown

Edit: Oh, and the skirt blowers would probably wouldn't go over that well if they brought them back today.
I like dark rides

Despite my fond memories of the fun house it's gone for good. I doubt Lagoon could even get liability insurance on an attraction like that today.
(06-27-2018, 02:08 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Despite my fond memories of the fun house it's gone for good. I doubt Lagoon could even get liability insurance on an attraction like that today.
They would probably have to self insure, as Cedar Fair has said to have done.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island