Trip Report: Silverwood 2018...
My wife and I will be spending the next two days at Silverwood. This will be my 3rd visit to the park. I'll give a trip report when done.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I demand pictures!
(06-23-2018, 10:20 AM)Willenator Wrote: I demand pictures!

Yes, pictures or it doesn't count! Wink
Interested to see your report. I was very close to going last week, but our trip will be delayed until later this summer.
(06-23-2018, 10:20 AM)Willenator Wrote: I demand pictures!

I got some good ones. Don't worry. 

(06-23-2018, 03:46 PM)Brăden Wrote: Interested to see your report. I was very close to going last week, but our trip will be delayed until later this summer.

It was a blast. Silverwood is a great park. I'll have a more detailed write up when I arrive home.

(06-25-2018, 07:48 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I got some good ones. Don't worry. 

It was a blast. Silverwood is a great park. I'll have a more detailed write up when I arrive home.

I want to hear your reviews of the woodie coasters!  How do u compare the park to lagoon?
(06-25-2018, 08:43 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I want to hear your reviews of the woodie coasters!  How do u compare the park to lagoon?
It's hard to compare Lagoon and Silverwood. Lagoon is much larger with a ton more rides. Silverwood has a pair of Amazing Woodies, 36" Steam Railroad, classic rides and coasters, really fun log ride and river rapids ride, not to mention a nice water park.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-25-2018, 01:39 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It's hard to compare Lagoon and Silverwood. Lagoon is much larger with a ton more rides. Silverwood has a pair of Amazing Woodies, 36" Steam Railroad, classic rides and coasters, really fun log ride and river rapids ride, not to mention a nice water park.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree with that to a certain point. There are places they can be compared though and I will in my full write up.

Silverwood Theme Park and Boulder Beach Waterpark 2018:

Where to begin, where to begin....

My recent visit to Silverwood makes my third visit to the park. I first visited Silverwood in 1995 when their only large coaster was the Corkscrew. My next visit was in 2011. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the park and can say I really enjoy this park and do recommend it to others. 

The park has grown significantly over the years and I feel in a good way. I will point out that to first time visitors the layout can seem a bit funky and non intuitive but once you look at the park map its easy to learn.

[Image: ff44048ff90e95fce4e16afc2a33c3ff.jpg]

The Park is located on US Highway 95 north of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in the town of Athol, Idaho. Which is about an 11 hour drive from here in Utah. US-95 has developed into more of a interstate in recent years and now the park has a freeway style exit where before you used to just pull off the busy highway hoping to not die. That is a big improvement. The camping areas and parking lot are located across the highway from the park. The parking lot has been improved since my last visit and I feel is very well designed with a very adequate auto gate (that easily beats Lagoon's though that's not hard to do). My other visits I camped at the park however this visit we stayed at a hotel 30 minutes from the park. So I can't say how the camping was this year but in past visits it was a good place to stay. They do allow campfires at their campground which was very popular and made the parking lot very smokey, it was weird it would just sit over the parking lot which made walking to our car not the most enjoyable breathing in concentrated smoke lol.

Once parked you walk to the picnic area/ security bag check area (this is new since 2011) once through the checkpoint you walk down a path entering into a tunnel which is how you cross the highway. Once through the tunnel you walk up a stairway right to the park entrance. The new entrance is much larger than the old one, which is located inside the park now and you still walk by but the new entrance is larger and better at handling crowds. The whole new entrance plaza is nice which used to be a very small parking lot that was never useful and this new plaza is much better for the park.

Once through the front entrance you will pass by the park's merry go round on the right and Lindy's sit down restaurant on the left with the train station directly ahead. The path goes around the train station on either side. If you go to the right its the pioneer themed main street shops and eatery's. These were the original buildings when the park opened. The rail crossing here will be blocked when the train is loading and unloading. To head to the main park go left of the train station and this rail crossing will always be open when the train is loading and unloading. While on the subject of the train its a great relaxing ride and does fill up fast on busy days. The whole experience can take up to an hour with loading/ unloading and the ride time. The train goes out and around the water park through the forest behind the park and then back. There is a show half way through the ride and this years was especially entertaining. I however will always enjoy the one the train had in 1995 as it was my first visit to the park.

Once across the rails you will come to a large open grass field. which seems a bit weird but they hold concerts here and when the park was new they used to hold airshows as the park was built on an old airfield. With the growth of the park this is no longer possible but like I said the grass field is still used for concerts but I feel it would make a good area for a new midway expansion if the park ever saw fit to do so. Turning to the left the path will take you to the dry park and turning right the path will take you to Boulder Beach.

Following the path to the left will take you past a large building where they have a magic show done by the owners son. I did not watch the show this year but we did eat at the Pizzaria that is located in the same building which was good. The magic show is very well done however as I watched in 2011. The path continues and crosses the rails again and this where the rides, midway games and shops begin. The path here splits and one side heads to the kiddy land section which has very much improved in recent years to include two roller coasters. This path way will also take you to the parks log flume and onto to Roller Coaster Alley where you can access Timber Terror and Tremors the parks both spectacular woodies as well as Aftershock their Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang. If you go to the right it takes you up to the parks River Rapids ride and Corkscrew and also a back way to get to Tremors. Both paths meet up and dead end at Aftershock.

The park has no transport rides but is also doesn't need them either as walking across the park even on a busy day doesn't take long.

That's all for now. I'll write up a review of the coasters and boulder beach soon and how the park compares with Lagoon.

[Image: 0642e73fd708da2bd453518347f4eee2.jpg]

[Image: 8a45344087ba53457c98819c705af0bf.jpg]

[Image: bc1ea6c154e1ae1d9ac7b4f5ccfda5c4.jpg]

[Image: 4bcdfaadb3804b9b6eff67ca33e3ca4f.jpg]

[Image: b43c62c8b7d98d367f3f8051f144cba9.jpg]

More Pictures to come!

No pictures in your trip report? I'm sad.