Landscaping
Okay, so I think it is time we talk about the real issues here. Move over animal protestors because it is time I bring something truly sad to the forefront. While at the park on Sunday, I noticed some areas that could use some help. Hopefully, by bringing to light these poor areas that someone will see the importance of making them better. Wink Happy

First up, looks at this poor little barrel planter in Pioneer Village. It looks so neglected and sad. This wasn't the only one either. There are plenty of these planters that could just use a little love.

[Image: VPxPNPZ.jpg]

Next, I'm not even sure if this is considered a full planter. It's next to the stairs that go to the controls for Bamberger Fountain. It's right where people walk. I even tripped over one of the plants in it, which is why it got a photo.

[Image: FD9ksTB.jpg]

I am happy to see the new planter next to the Roller Coaster Smoking Station is getting some progress, but still has work. The trees look kind of droopy to me. Hopefully, this planter will get a splash of color soon with some pretty flowers.

[Image: 7EY8UZ3.jpg]

Finally, I don't even know what is going on here. A set of stairs going down from Dracula's Castle right to a planter with a tree in it and some grass on the edges? I don't even know where to begin with this one, so I'll just leave this picture here.

[Image: EYpxuUj.jpg]

Sure we talk about rides, food, and games, but I think we need to focus on the stuff people really go to the park for: Lagoon's landscaping.
yep, I only go to the park to view the landscaping! What the heck has happened to These examples Will! Is Lagoon's Landscaping Department taking long naps during their shifts or what!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
We need to find out who is in charge of these landscapers, there just like grounds.
The PV barrels they just need to replanted, its on someones list I'm sure.

The one by those stairs needs to just be removed. Its too low and too small to be useful and just presents and tripping hazard as you found out.

The Roller Coaster ones will spruce up. The trees don't concern me as when transplanting plants it takes them a bit to perk back up.

The last one by Castle is just plain dumb. Those planters used to be the circle style ones Lagoon had and were a bit in the way of the stairs but nothing crazy but by replacing it with the new square planters (which I prefer to the circle ones in all other instances besides this one) they have just mad a stupid move by making an obstacle. Who knows what they were thinking..... I would surmise that they were not.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I know on Monday back in PV they where clearing out the big circle one... So I am under the assumption that they are getting everything ready for new plants... So I am not worried
The plants by roller coaster are weeping spruce and are also extremely expensive. That's how they are supposed to look.
All that work on those nice new north end bathrooms but the planter in front of them evokes a general feeling of disinterest and disrepair, it's a real distraction from the otherwise pleasant bathroom experience.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=777]

Tongue Happy Tongue Laugh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Click here for eternal salvation.

(05-30-2018, 03:10 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: All that work on those nice new north end bathrooms but the planter in front of them evokes a general feeling of disinterest and disrepair, it's a real distraction from the otherwise pleasant bathroom experience.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=777]

Tongue Happy Tongue Laugh

They couldn't distract from the Toilet on a pedestal lol
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
The one in front of Dracula should just have the stairs ripped out for more landscaping. Not all of the stairs, just the part that's now useless.

I have never understood why Lagoon's landscaping department has been making those ugly and boring planters lately when they have shown to create some beautiful ones in the past that still stand the test of time. First ones to come to mind are the brick planters in front of Wild Mouse. Plus, I loved the old planters at RR.

I am hoping we will see something different with Screamer, but so far it's not looking the case. I wonder if Lagoon will get over this "cement for everything" phase.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(05-30-2018, 06:04 PM)RCF Wrote: The one in front of Dracula should just have the stairs ripped out for more landscaping. Not all of the stairs, just the part that's now useless.

I have never understood why Lagoon's landscaping department has been making those ugly and boring planters lately when they have shown to create some beautiful ones in the past that still stand the test of time. First ones to come to mind are the brick planters in front of Wild Mouse. Plus, I loved the old planters at RR.

I am hoping we will see something different with Screamer, but so far it's not looking the case. I wonder if Lagoon will get over this "cement for everything" phase.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Lagoon must love their cement.
Wants 2 go 2 Busch Gardens     
Tampa and Virginia
Or any West Coast Theme park  Frown