Evermore Park Update - 2018
(05-08-2018, 11:09 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I didn't say they need more marketing however they need better marketing. What Lagoon really needs is a good competitor.

Been reading evermore is back on track and under construction, so maybe some competition.
(05-08-2018, 11:09 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I didn't say they need more marketing however they need better marketing. What Lagoon really needs is a good competitor.
I completely agree another park would be great but as Sid pointed awhile ago it would be impractical at this time. Evermore is finally back on track and being constructed. Although not a traditional park it will be interesting to see what impact it has on this market.
(05-08-2018, 02:16 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I completely agree another park would be great but as Sid pointed awhile ago it would be impractical at this time. Evermore is finally back on track and being constructed. Although not a traditional park it will be interesting to see what impact it has on this market.

It will be interesting to see how it impacts things.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I go by Evermore going to and from work (I use the PG Blvd. on/off ramp), and construction looks like it's plugging along. It definitely looks like it will be very interesting, and I, too, wonder how (if at all) it will impact Lagoon once it's open.
They've been putting a lot of interesting progress updates on their Instagram. It's looking a lot more legit than when I first heard about it.
If there is no Coasters and or other rides I can't see it effecting Lagoon at all.... I mean there is a boondocks basically right across the freeway from lagoon and I doubt that either notice a difference.
Now if a Six Flags where to open in Utah you may see a difference, but there isn't enough population/pull for visitors to justify another park.
I do how ever think that they could build a Disney Land in Utah and it would be highly successful.
Might be cool if they built a frozen castle up in the mountains right by a resivor type of scenario to make it look just like the castle in the movie.... Plus cause we get snow it would just add to the theme
(05-08-2018, 09:16 PM)DeLorean Wrote: If there is no Coasters and or other rides I can't see it effecting Lagoon at all.... I mean there is a boondocks basically right across the freeway from lagoon and I doubt that either notice a difference.
Now if a Six Flags where to open in Utah you may see a difference, but there isn't enough population/pull for visitors to justify another park.
I do how ever think that they could build a Disney Land in Utah and it would be highly successful.
Might be cool if they built a frozen castle up in the mountains right by a resivor type of scenario to make it look just like the castle in the movie.... Plus cause we get snow it would just add to the theme

I don't think there are any rides planned. I know a ride like taron is out of their price range but boy would it fit the park perfectly.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Granted, marketing quality should be better. But that means a more full park. I’m all in for a Six Flags/Cedar Fair in Utah. That would be amazing! Or give us a park in Southeast Idaho for goodness sakes!!! I know that will never happen though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I'm sure Evermore will affect the park to a certain extent, just dont think it will be a big difference overall. I think a lot of people will flock to it when it first opens to check it out, but then after a few years will slow down a bunch unless they have $$$ to keep on expanding it.
(05-08-2018, 09:35 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I'm sure Evermore will affect the park to a certain extent, just dont think it will be a big difference overall. I think a lot of people will flock to it when it first opens to check it out, but then after a few years will slow down a bunch unless they have $$$ to keep on expanding it.
I don't see how Evermore will impact Lagoon in the slightest. There's some sort of Train Ride......that's it! If Youngliving Farms' theme park would have been built.....well, being in Mona, it also wouldn't have impacted Lagoon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island