Disappearing Games
I'm seeing a trend at Lagoon. It seems that the number of games keeps decreasing over the years. This year is the most I can remember in a single season. I'm wondering if the games aren't as much a money maker anymore for Lagoon, so they are looking at other options.

What do you think?
(04-29-2018, 12:41 AM)Willenator Wrote: I'm seeing a trend at Lagoon. It seems that the number of games keeps decreasing over the years. This year is the most I can remember in a single season. I'm wondering if the games aren't as much a money maker anymore for Lagoon, so they are looking at other options.

What do you think?
I've noticed the same thing
I think that its a situation where people feel that they have been rigged for so long that people don't want to play them any more.
I'm glad too see the games being removed, park can use more new food choices.
If that continues, it’s probably a matter of time before they won’t let you bring in your own food.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
(04-29-2018, 12:41 AM)Willenator Wrote: I'm seeing a trend at Lagoon. It seems that the number of games keeps decreasing over the years. This year is the most I can remember in a single season. I'm wondering if the games aren't as much a money maker anymore for Lagoon, so they are looking at other options.

What do you think?
If you look at which games are being removed, the reasons for the majority becomes clear. Fascination, Easy Does It, Bowler Roller, Rattlesnake Rapids, Day at the Races, Hot Shot, Skeeball....Etc. All of these games were expensive to maintain and/or parts were hard to come by. Dime Toss, Glass Pitch, Plinko, and Cat Attack I can see as being not nearly as good as a revenue generator as their replacement.

Soccer Darts I can see as being "redundant" with 3 Point Challenge, even though I don't agree.

Lagoon didn't have such a large assortment of food options compared to many parks. These replacements are all fantastic IMO.
(04-29-2018, 10:57 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I think that its a situation where people feel that they have been rigged for so long that people don't want to play them any more.
Lagoon's Games aren't rigged.
(04-29-2018, 11:31 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: If that continues, it’s probably a matter of time before they won’t let you bring in your own food.

I HIGHLY doubt that!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Why not? Lagoon is one of the last parks to still allow you to do that. I don’t want that, but doesn’t it just make sense?

I think one game is making a comeback this year. The game by Rock-O that was turned into "Crane Station" last year now has a sign that says Touchdown, which was a game from years ago.

I think the problem with the games is the prizes.
(04-29-2018, 11:50 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: Why not? Lagoon is one of the last parks to still allow you to do that. I don’t want that, but doesn’t it just make sense?

Because the 3rd Generation is about maintaining the Traditions.
(04-29-2018, 12:51 PM)Brăden Wrote: I think one game is making a comeback this year. The game by Rock-O that was turned into "Crane Station" last year now has a son that says Touchdown, which was a game from years ago.

I think the problem with the games is the prizes.
This year's prizes are quite good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I doubt lagoon will at least for the foreseeable future stop allowing people to bring food in but what absolutely has got to happen soon is a security check. I cannot think of one other place that has that many people in it that will let you wheel in a large cooler ect. without it being examined.