Themes for new Lagoon Rides..
There is lots of discussion here on new ride ideas for the park but how about a discussion on new themes for rides. These could be re-themes to existing rides or theme's for new rides. I know Jet Star has had the idea of theming the different areas of Lagoon which I think is a cool idea though I'm not holding my breath for it lol.

I think a Zelda themed ride would be cool (Though I would never expect Lagoon to buy that IP though)
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Wicked Space

In the Earth year 3007
an exploratory mission will be sent to the 11th planet in a distant star system known as WKD07 to search for signs of an extinct alien civilization. You have been chosen to be a part of that mission. Your job is to search the planet's surface for fossilized alien remnants.

As the ride begins, you turn the corner past mission control and enter the launch bay. A brief countdown commences; "3, 2, 1" and you are launched straight up out of Earth's atmosphere. After a brief period of weightlessness you begin entry into 11-WKD07's atmosphere. The surface of the planet is covered in craters, stalagmite rock formations and purple flowing water. The gravity of the planet is much lower than Earth's allowing you to bounce quite high off the surface over the top of several very tall stalagmites, followed by another bounce into a full inversion above a rock formation with the skeletal remains of a very large reptilian alien creature on top. While making a U-turn careful observers may notice that the Pioneer 10 spacecraft has crashed into this planet's surface.

After the surface observations are made a large cave is discovered and entered. You are slowed down to proceed with caution. You travel downward into the depths of the cave and see more skeletal alien remains to your right. After turning another corner you discover you have entered an ancient alien base and can see unexplained alien high-technology to both your right and left. Turn another corner and you will discover a still living giant alien to your left who is not happy to see you have entered his base. Evasive maneuvers are taken and mission control throws the craft into warp drive. You see the stars around you turn to straight lines (Star Trek warp style) as you are quickly transported back to the spacecraft loading area on planet Earth.
Click here for eternal salvation.

Jet Star, I like it.

Although it sounds great, I kind of don’t want them to re theme Wicked. I like it the way it is right now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
That story fits the ride really well. It would be cool to have it indoors after the first drop.
(01-10-2018, 12:04 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I think a Zelda themed ride would be cool (Though I would never expect Lagoon to buy that IP though)

Universal has exclusive rights to Nintendo properties for theme parks and Super Nintendo Land is already under construction at USJ. They'd have to buy Universal to get the rights. I always thought a video game museum near the park would be cool since the video game industry was first conceived at Lagoon.

(01-10-2018, 11:05 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Universal has exclusive rights to Nintendo properties for theme parks and Super Nintendo Land is already under construction at USJ. They'd have to buy Universal to get the rights. I always thought a video game museum near the park would be cool since the video game industry was first conceived at Lagoon.

Yeah I know there is no possibility of it. Just a fun idea.

(01-10-2018, 07:23 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Wicked Space

In the Earth year 3007
an exploratory mission will be sent to the 11th planet in a distant star system known as WKD07 to search for signs of an extinct alien civilization. You have been chosen to be a part of that mission. Your job is to search the planet's surface for fossilized alien remnants.

As the ride begins, you turn the corner past mission control and enter the launch bay. A brief countdown commences; "3, 2, 1" and you are launched straight up out of Earth's atmosphere. After a brief period of weightlessness you begin entry into 11-WKD07's atmosphere. The surface of the planet is covered in craters, stalagmite rock formations and purple flowing water. The gravity of the planet is much lower than Earth's allowing you to bounce quite high off the surface over the top of several very tall stalagmites, followed by another bounce into a full inversion above a rock formation with the skeletal remains of a very large reptilian alien creature on top. While making a U-turn careful observers may notice that the Pioneer 10 spacecraft has crashed into this planet's surface.

After the surface observations are made a large cave is discovered and entered. You are slowed down to proceed with caution. You travel downward into the depths of the cave and see more skeletal alien remains to your right. After turning another corner you discover you have entered an ancient alien base and can see unexplained alien high-technology to both your right and left. Turn another corner and you will discover a still living giant alien to your left who is not happy to see you have entered his base. Evasive maneuvers are taken and mission control throws the craft into warp drive. You see the stars around you turn to straight lines (Star Trek warp style) as you are quickly transported back to the spacecraft loading area on planet Earth.

Could probably accomplish this in No Limits just would take lots of 3D modeling and scripting.

If you wanna do it go for it. Ideally I'd like to see Lagoon do it, but that's probably not happening. My idea is that it enters the indoor section right as it enters the mcbr.

I wonder what Primordial will be. Primordial would put any theme well before dinosaurs. So will it be about sea scum lol.