Cannibal's Midway Re-Work Proposals
I think Cannibal's Midway needs to be rethought, which would include DTR. I don't see anymore reason for two tracks when it's usually only one side operating. Could easily have half of the cars single seats, and the other half double seats on just one brand new track. That way, it can leave some room for a new path from Skycoaster to the Cannibal Midway with the temples. Would open up the room back there, and have room for possibly some games, food, or landscaping. Maybe even another ride if the space allows.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(09-01-2017, 02:07 PM)RCF Wrote: I think Cannibal's Midway needs to be rethought, which would include DTR. I don't see anymore reason for two tracks when it's usually only one side operating. Could easily have half of the cars single seats, and the other half double seats on just one brand new track. That way, it can leave some room for a new path from Skycoaster to the Cannibal Midway with the temples. Would open up the room back there, and have room for possibly some games, food, or landscaping. Maybe even another ride if the space allows.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I say get ride of DTR all together. Its never been fun. I laugh at all the people who pay for it.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Agreed. Get rid of DTR and Cliffhanger and rebuild Speedway!
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
I love Double Thunder.
Only thing wrong with Cannibal's midway is the damned fence. If I want to re-ride (or, heaven forbid, meet back up with non-riding family who stopped for a hot dog while others of us rode), there's no flipping reason to make us walk through the gift shop and all the hell the way around Skyscraper. It's just lame.
(09-02-2017, 12:51 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Only thing wrong with Cannibal's midway is the damned fence.  If I want to re-ride (or, heaven forbid, meet back up with non-riding family who stopped for a hot dog while others of us rode), there's no flipping reason to make us walk through the gift shop and all the hell the way around Skyscraper.  It's just lame.

It is weird. I wonder if it has anything to do with the testing some of us saw that showed people standing around in that area could easily be hit by dropped objects...
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Agree. It's completely stupid. I believe Lagoon's first attempt to 'exit through the gift shop' was not very thought out.
I think it's more about controlling line jumping than making people exit through a gift shop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(09-02-2017, 12:51 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Only thing wrong with Cannibal's midway is the damned fence.  If I want to re-ride (or, heaven forbid, meet back up with non-riding family who stopped for a hot dog while others of us rode), there's no flipping reason to make us walk through the gift shop and all the hell the way around Skyscraper.  It's just lame.

With the lockers now you could walk back through there.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
If they're worried about line jumping, they should do something about the gap in the fence where the cubbies used to be and maybe not put the entrance to a restroom where you have to cut through the line to get to it.