The Train Shoppe - Dark Rides and Roller Coasters?
So I watched the other videos from the guy who recently did a Lagoon vlog and it turns out he was in Utah to record a voice for one of the rides at The Train Shoppe, which is something I've never heard of. There's these two rides there that may not be really high budget, but they can only be described as dark rides and they look like they had a lot of care put into them.

http://www.trainshoppeslc.com/family-attractions

If you want spoilers they're in this video:
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
What planet have you been living on to not know about the Train Shoppe? lol Probably going to have Emerson's birthday party there one year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Apparently the next attraction will be a roller coaster!

http://www.trainshoppeslc.com/smitty-bro...-wing-ding
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
Awesome! I really need to go and check this place out.
Should we start taking bets on what it will be? I say a Miler, Zamperla FGC, Zamperla Dragon Wagon, Schiff, Moilina, or Wisdom kiddie coaster.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(08-30-2017, 03:20 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Should we start taking bets on what it will be? I say a Miler, Zamperla FGC, Zamperla Dragon Wagon, Schiff, Moilina, or Wisdom kiddie coaster.

Maybe they bought Hollywood Connections old coaster.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I wonder what happened to the Powered Coaster, Carousel, Zamperla Samba Tower, and Zamperla Crazy Bus.

(08-30-2017, 03:20 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Should we start taking bets on what it will be? I say a Miler, Zamperla FGC, Zamperla Dragon Wagon, Schiff, Moilina, or Wisdom kiddie coaster.

Well you kind of have the one I was betting on in your list already. I think the Wisdom Miner Mike would be an obvious fit.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8454

Edit:

I foresee them branching out into a larger fun center/park type thing in the near future. I stopped by the other day, though I didn't ride the rides yet. These guys know what they're doing. They have the whole 'magic' thing down sooooo much better than Lagoon does. The stuff they're doing now is 1/3 of what went into creating Disneyland (the other two thirds being animation/characters and corporate investment). I really think these guys are the most likely source of some real competition for Lagoon.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
Speaking of which, I'm surprised we haven't discussed Evermore's recent comeback.
(08-30-2017, 10:21 PM)Brăden Wrote: Speaking of which, I'm surprised we haven't discussed Evermore's recent comeback.

I think they've got a good idea. People will really like having a themed place for their fantasy conventions/Renaissance fairs/whatever, but I don't see it appealing to everybody, or ever being an alternative to Lagoon, unless you go to Lagoon just for the go-karts (which nobody does).

Obviously the Train Shoppe itself isn't going to be much of an alternative either, but I suspect they will start to look at branching out to a new attraction-focused location. When I was there there were several very excited adult people in there buying multiple ride passes because of what they had seen on the previously mentioned youtube video. If they don't branch out it's a shame, from a creative standpoint, these people have what it takes to make an exceptional park IMO.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride