North End Changes/New Ride 2018?
(08-24-2017, 07:12 PM)Brăden Wrote: The biggest reason I've learned to be cautious about employee rumors is that plans change all the time. What may have been planned in April can change completely by August.

But what about the employee rumors you hear in August lol?

A Lagoon employee once told me that if I turned into the track on Speedway at just the right angle in just the right place I could get the car off the track. I tried soooo many times and it never worked. Sometimes Employees do just say stuff because they're bored. Still, I will bet someone $50 that this really is Hydro-Luge's last year.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(08-24-2017, 07:30 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: But what about the employee rumors you hear in August lol?

A Lagoon employee once told me that if I turned into the track on Speedway at just the right angle in just the right place I could get the car off the track. I tried soooo many times and it never worked. Sometimes Employees do just say stuff because they're bored. Still, I will bet someone $50 that this really is Hydro-Luge's last year.

I agree... I guess time will tell... Don't they only use one od the slides?
I have seen both slides used this year.
(08-24-2017, 07:50 PM)Brăden Wrote: I have seen both slides used this year.

Yep. However, the ride opened very late in the season.

I'm thinking they will move the trash compactor and the north-east fence to expand. There are major power lines near Hydro which may prevent putting a ride there.
(08-24-2017, 07:12 PM)Brăden Wrote: The biggest reason I've learned to be cautious about employee rumors is that plans change all the time. What may have been planned in April can change completely by August.

My favorite part of employee rumors is trying to piece together everything to figure out what may really be going on. I've often found that the rumors that start to connect to each other usually have some truth to them whether it happens next year or in five years.
(08-24-2017, 07:37 PM)slcsldlvr84 Wrote: I agree... I guess time will tell... Don't they only use one od the slides?

They have been having some issues with the slides, but both have operated this year, and I've ridden them both.
Luke, that was indeed VERY true on Speedway Sr., as I'm sure Will and Karena can attest to. If you knew the right spot, had the right speed, the right car, the right weight you could derail a car easily.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I knew it was possible, but I could never get it to work. Believe me, I tried. Happy
(10-13-2017, 09:58 PM)Willenator Wrote: I knew it was possible, but I could never get it to work. Believe me, I tried. Happy

One of my most surreal moments in Maintenance was driving Speedway cars down the midway with the governor off.  I mean, I only hit one tree... I thought I did okay.   Happy
I tried like 30 times. Good to know the op wasn't making it up.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name