STEEL VENGEANCE at Cedar Point for 2018!
I have nothing against Arrow! At Magic Mountain, Ninja was alright and Gold Rusher was fine. But Viper was awesome and X2 is incredible!!! I wish Arrow was still around.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
(05-08-2018, 09:27 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Yeah, when I went in 2001, Millennium Force was still new enough that the line was huge.  Even on an April weekday morning, it was still something like a two hour wait.  I think we only managed to get in probably 5 or 6 good coasters (counting the 45 minutes I spent trying to realign my spine after Mean Streak), and I only had one day there, but it was sure a blast.

How did you visit Cedar Point on a weekday in April?

(05-08-2018, 09:36 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I have nothing against Arrow! At Magic Mountain, Ninja was alright and Gold Rusher was fine. But Viper was awesome and X2 is incredible!!! I wish Arrow was still around.

X2 was the downfall of Arrow.....selling a ride at a roughly 50% discount, because you needed to sell something because you put all of your eggs in one basket, the poor quality engineering and manufacturing, and nearly a year of delays.....that bankrupted the company. I also wasn't extremely impressed with X at all in 2003. I would rather have ridden just about anything else than waiting 3 hours for it. It was honestly, oh, got the credit. Gemini, Vortex, and Magnum were so much better than X.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-09-2018, 05:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: How did you visit Cedar Point on a weekday in April?

Might have been a weekend, it was over 15 years ago and I'm old; but I know it was in April.
Interesting, considering the park opened for the season on May 6th, 2001. The earliest you could have gotten into CP was Saturday, May 5th, 2001, the annual Toyota Private Event.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(05-09-2018, 11:27 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Interesting, considering the park opened for the season on May 6th, 2001. The earliest you could have gotten into CP was Saturday, May 5th, 2001, the annual Toyota Private Event.

Well, clearly I must've been mistaken then.  It was definitely early in the 2001 season (Millennium Force existed; Wicked Twister didn't, and I know it was before June).  Maybe it was a weekday in May then.  I remember it being not long after they opened, and I know it wouldn't have been a Saturday.  I do remember that it rained quite a bit that morning.
(05-09-2018, 05:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: X2 was the downfall of Arrow.....selling a ride at a roughly 50% discount, because you needed to sell something because you put all of your eggs in one basket, the poor quality engineering and manufacturing, and nearly a year of delays.....that bankrupted the company. I also wasn't extremely impressed with X at all in 2003. I would rather have ridden just about anything else than waiting 3 hours for it. It was honestly, oh, got the credit. Gemini, Vortex, and Magnum were so much better than X.

X2 wasn't the best coaster in the world but I thought it was a good ride.  I rode it in 2003 as well. I would like to give it another ride with the new S&S Trains a ride. I will say X has the best OTSR's ever though in my opinion anyways. I usually detest OTSR's but X's were comfortable. Its really too bad Alan Schilke hadn't taken over at Arrow sooner. Everyone says Tennessee Tornado is one of the best Arrows ever and it was the first one Alan was able to use his new train design ideas on. He came too late in the game though. Arrows ship had already sailed.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(05-10-2018, 12:08 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Well, clearly I must've been mistaken then.  It was definitely early in the 2001 season (Millennium Force existed; Wicked Twister didn't, and I know it was before June).  Maybe it was a weekday in May then.  I remember it being not long after they opened, and I know it wouldn't have been a Saturday.  I do remember that it rained quite a bit that morning.
Cedar Point was open Daily from May 6th, 2001.
(05-10-2018, 08:56 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: X2 wasn't the best coaster in the world but I thought it was a good ride.  I rode it in 2003 as well. I would like to give it another ride with the new S&S Trains a ride. I will say X has the best OTSR's ever though in my opinion anyways. I usually detest OTSR's but X's were comfortable. Its really too bad Alan Schilke hadn't taken over at Arrow sooner. Everyone says Tennessee Tornado is one of the best Arrows ever and it was the first one Alan was able to use his new train design ideas on. He came too late in the game though. Arrows ship had already sailed.
It is too bad he didn't come along sooner. Could have really changed the game for Arrow and brought it into the 21st Century. lol

(05-09-2018, 05:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: How did you visit Cedar Point on a weekday in April?

X2 was the downfall of Arrow.....selling a ride at a roughly 50% discount, because you needed to sell something because you put all of your eggs in one basket, the poor quality engineering and manufacturing, and nearly a year of delays.....that bankrupted the company. I also wasn't extremely impressed with X at all in 2003. I would rather have ridden just about anything else than waiting 3 hours for it. It was honestly, oh, got the credit. Gemini, Vortex, and Magnum were so much better than X.

I know. That sucked, but that ride is incredible! The new(ish) trains are great, and the restraints are very comfy. I feel pretty fond of it, especially because it was a walk on when we went last month!

(05-10-2018, 11:20 AM)linearinduction Wrote: It is too bad he didn't come along sooner. Could have really changed the game for Arrow and brought it into the 21st Century. lol

Sometimes companies have to shut down but it is too bad with the history Arrow had.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Here's a recent review of Steel Vengeance on YouTube: