STEEL VENGEANCE at Cedar Point for 2018!
What's the difference? Also, I think the front of the trains are absolutely hideous.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-23-2017, 09:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: What's the difference? Also, I think the front of the trains are absolutely hideous.

The difference's I know of so far are the trains now use 2 wheels on the track instead of 1. Much more like the Gerstlaurer trains on NTG and IR. Also the train car connections are longer, thus making the trains able to make tight maneuvers. I'm sure there are other differences but these are the ones known so far.

Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH - rcdb.com

*edit - fixed url. Greg
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(08-24-2017, 12:10 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The difference's I know of so far are the trains now use 2 wheels on the track instead of 1. Much more like the Gerstlaurer trains on NTG and IR. Also the train car connections are longer, thus making the trains able to make tight maneuvers. I'm sure there are other differences but these are the ones known so far.

Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH - rcdb.com

*edit - fixed url. Greg

I wonder if 2 wheels will prolong wheel flat spot thudding? It's really annoying to ride something that used to be smooth *cough* Wicked *cough*.
Greg, Wicked has bad Track Joints, opposed to RMC's Smooth Joints, like Intamin and B&M.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(08-25-2017, 02:52 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Greg, Wicked has bad Track Joints, opposed to RMC's Smooth Joints, like Intamin and B&M.

Yep it's true, we've seen new welds in several sections over the years. Rusty track is usually a bad sign. lol
[Image: 873dfa7340f6503e9582f30a381b49b2.jpg]

That drop looks awesome.

I especially like how to minimize having to build new structure the new track for the first drop isn't centered on the ledgers to correct for the slight curve Dinn Corp had in Mean Streaks drop. See image below!
[Image: 183da50097a27986d767cecd5fac6485.png]
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I liked that slight turn/twist. Frown