Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
(08-06-2018, 10:11 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: As if everybody couldn't tell I have become completely obsessed with dark rides, so that's what I'm hoping for most. But still, it seems crazy to me that a park would have a wooden roller coaster for 100 years that has been the single most valuable investment in the park's history, without which the park wouldn't even exist, and yet not invest in second one.

A google image search on the word 'primordial' turns up very few dinosaur related images. While I doubt the ride would be themed to an Irish metal band, It's possible our assumption of a dinosaur theme is wrong.
Primordial and Primeval are synonyms. Primeval World, part of the Ford Magic Skyway attraction at the 1964 New York World's Fair, was built by Walt Disney and later moved to Disneyland to be added to the Santa Fe and Disneyland Railroad. While inaccurate in name, the Attraction features audio animatronic dinosaurs. That would be why some of us believe dinosaurs will be part of the theme.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-07-2018, 09:58 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Primordial and Primeval are synonyms. Primeval World, part of the Ford Magic Skyway attraction at the 1964 New York World's Fair, was built by Walt Disney and later moved to Disneyland to be added to the Santa Fe and Disneyland Railroad. While inaccurate in name, the Attraction features audio animatronic dinosaurs. That would be why some of us believe dinosaurs will be part of the theme.

I totally understand that dinosaurs is a logical jump, and I have been thinking the same thing. I've even been advocating that Lagoon should get a dinosaur-themed dark ride since before I heard the name 'Primordial'. But my brother's girlfriend's boss's daughter's friend went to a local carnival and heard from the cotton candy guy that his colleague who sells the dippin' dots at Lagoon said that it might not be dinosaurs.
I like dark rides

(08-07-2018, 05:30 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I totally understand that dinosaurs is a logical jump, and I have been thinking the same thing. I've even been advocating that Lagoon should get a dinosaur-themed dark ride since before I heard the name 'Primordial'. But my brother's girlfriend's boss's daughter's friend went to a local carnival and heard from the cotton candy guy that his colleague who sells the dippin' dots at Lagoon said that it might not be dinosaurs.

That source sounds pretty solid, lets go with that.

Dinosaurs would be a sweet theme. My daughter will only ride dino drop vs lady bug drop based solely on the theme lol. It would be a hit.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I tried talking to the Dippin' Dots guy at the zoo if he knew all the deep dark secrets of the zoo and he just started at me. Guess he doesn't know how it's supposed to work.
(08-08-2018, 04:42 PM)Willenator Wrote: I tried talking to the Dippin' Dots guy at the zoo if he knew all the deep dark secrets of the zoo and he just started at me. Guess he doesn't know how it's supposed to work.

I think u need to slip him a $50.
You didn't ask about the dead bears did you?

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-08-2018, 04:42 PM)Willenator Wrote: I tried talking to the Dippin' Dots guy at the zoo if he knew all the deep dark secrets of the zoo and he just started at me. Guess he doesn't know how it's supposed to work.

Well the dippin' dots guy is the eyes and ears of any park. He's right there on the ground just watching, seeing the things everybody else misses. When those sweet dots start melting in your mouth all inhibitions go straight out the window and lips get loose very quickly. The dippin' dots guy knows what's up, but he's not going to let the info spill all willy nilly to some random dot dipper.
I like dark rides