Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
Maybe next season we will see them removing buildings and making more parking (And hopefully the new entrance?) for the opening of the new ride/park season!
(01-27-2019, 09:08 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Maybe next season we will see them removing buildings and making more parking (And hopefully the new entrance?) for the opening of the new ride/park season!
Maybe the Biergarten is Layton Construction's Audition?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-27-2019, 07:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The new Maintenance Facility was built in the early 1990s, and Marketing got moved to the Annex as soon as it opened. Lagoon uses it as an employment center. I have a feeling that the Rides Office and Old Marketing Building are on borrowed time, from what I've heard.

Even with it being built in the early 1990's, I'm sure Maintenance could use a larger facility. Look at the amount of rides added to the park since then. I've been in there in the off season, it looks like chaos lol. I think moving it would make a lot of sense. The rides office and old marketing office need to go.

(01-27-2019, 08:26 PM)Willenator Wrote: I remember thinking the Rides Office felt old and in need of being replaced or removed in 1998. Happy

Me too but in 2001.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-27-2019, 08:26 PM)Willenator Wrote: I remember thinking the Rides Office felt old and in need of being replaced or removed in 1998. Happy

Same!  I think that place has, what, 20 square feet of space for Rides employees to use for clocking in/out and scheduling once you factor out Dave & Jimmy's offices?  LOL.  That whole peninsula of offices west of DTR out to Maintenance feels "in the way" these days.
(01-27-2019, 11:51 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Same!  I think that place has, what, 20 square feet of space for Rides employees to use for clocking in/out and scheduling once you factor out Dave & Jimmy's offices?  LOL.  That whole peninsula of offices west of DTR out to Maintenance feels "in the way" these days.

That's why they all clock in at their rides now by calling a number from the rides phone.

(01-28-2019, 12:33 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: That's why they all clock in at their rides now by calling a number from the rides phone.

Wow, really?!  That's bonkers.  Saves some gridlock in the house I guess, but man that's a lot of phone calls for somebody to handle.  Seems like they could more easily do something like having an employee gate with a Kronos swipe or something similar.  Huh.  Low tech I guess.
(01-28-2019, 12:47 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Wow, really?!  That's bonkers.  Saves some gridlock in the house I guess, but man that's a lot of phone calls for somebody to handle.  Seems like they could more easily do something like having an employee gate with a Kronos swipe or something similar.  Huh.  Low tech I guess.

From what I understand its an automated system so nobody has to answer all those calls but I agree with you a swipe at the gate would be much nicer. I understand its to crack down on the Work and Travel employees clocking in and going and sitting in the employee kitchen until park opening.

(01-27-2019, 07:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: All those homes around Primordial are owned by Lagoon.The new Maintenance Facility was built in the early 1990s, and Marketing got moved to the Annex as soon as it opened. Lagoon uses it as an employment center. I have a feeling that the Rides Office and Old Marketing Building are on borrowed time, from what I've heard.

That makes sense. I was wondering how they were able to get the neighbor's approval to build a view blocking mountain across the street. I guess when you are planning for 30-40 years, you can just buy every neighbor out when their house comes on the market. I was in a City Council meeting one time where the homes on State Street were discussed and one of the neighbors was talking about how the homes on the north side of the street automatically have a 20% value kicker since Lagoon buys all the homes when they come up.

-Z
(01-28-2019, 01:37 PM)Z Wrote: That makes sense. I was wondering how they were able to get the neighbor's approval to build a view blocking mountain across the street. I guess when you are planning for 30-40 years, you can just buy every neighbor out when their house comes on the market. I was in a City Council meeting one time where the homes on State Street were discussed and one of the neighbors was talking about how the homes on the north side of the street automatically have a 20% value kicker since Lagoon buys all the homes when they come up.

-Z
I've known for quite awhile that the park owned those houses (I had a friend that used to work in the office and she said the power bills for them came through there). I just wonder what their long term plan is for them.
(01-28-2019, 04:27 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I've known for quite awhile that the park owned those houses (I had a friend that used to work in the office and she said the power bills for them came through there). I just wonder what their long term plan is for them.

A lot of the houses are rented out to employees.