Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
(01-25-2019, 02:36 PM)DeLorean Wrote: What would be awesome is if we ha e multiple launches... Kinda like how Disney does with the dwarf mine to stop and help tell the story

Well it's not out of the realm of possibility that they're building something along the lines of the new Harry Potter coaster in IOA. That is in terms of several launches, backward section ect. Time will tell.
(01-25-2019, 02:16 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It would be sweet if it was a launched coaster family coaster. We could get something like Volcano: The Blast Coaster flying around and inside of a mountain. Just not an invert though.

That's what I Have been guessing. A volcano type model, with a faster and more thrilling version of Bombora(best way to describe lagoons open house coasters, I refer to bombora, not cannibal when it comes to family coasters.) And a launch is not out of the question either. Lagoon needs another launch coaster.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
So I swung by Lagoon last night to give things a look and there are no electrical boxes installed. The conduit is just so dense it looked like they terminated into boxes on the video. Additionally, there are two sizes of conduit. That would likely be instrumentation and conductor.

I was surprised at how close the work is to the road. I would imagine the neighbors won’t be happy with their new mountain view.

-Z
(01-27-2019, 11:16 AM)Z Wrote: So I swung by Lagoon last night to give things a look and there are no electrical boxes installed. The conduit is just so dense it looked like they terminated into boxes on the video. Additionally, there are two sizes of conduit. That would likely be instrumentation and conductor.

I was surprised at how close the work is to the road. I would imagine the neighbors won’t be happy with their new mountain view.

-Z

I would be more upset with the increased traffic of people trying to see what is going on lol. 
Last year we basically parked right where they are building in the months after August. So I am wondering what that is going to mean for crowd levels for frightmare next year if they can't park as many cars lol.
(01-27-2019, 12:22 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I would be more upset with the increased traffic of people trying to see what is going on lol. 
Last year we basically parked right where they are building in the months after August. So I am wondering what that is going to mean for crowd levels for frightmare next year if they can't park as many cars lol.

As the north midway expansion continues it will eat into available overflow parking. It will be interesting to see how Lagoon handles that.
(01-27-2019, 03:42 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: As the north midway expansion continues it will eat into available overflow parking. It will be interesting to see how Lagoon handles that.

If they would relocated their maintenace facilites and the marketing and rides offices there would be more space for parking. As well as making traffic flow much beyter. Ive done this in my No Limits north midway expansion, it would be cool if Lagoon would do.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-27-2019, 11:16 AM)Z Wrote: So I swung by Lagoon last night to give things a look and there are no electrical boxes installed. The conduit is just so dense it looked like they terminated into boxes on the video. Additionally, there are two sizes of conduit. That would likely be instrumentation and conductor.

-Z
All those homes around Primordial are owned by Lagoon.
(01-27-2019, 04:22 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: If they would relocated their maintenace facilites and the marketing and rides offices there would be more space for parking. As well as making traffic flow much beyter. Ive done this in my No Limits north midway expansion, it would be cool if Lagoon would do.
The new Maintenance Facility was built in the early 1990s, and Marketing got moved to the Annex as soon as it opened. Lagoon uses it as an employment center. I have a feeling that the Rides Office and Old Marketing Building are on borrowed time, from what I've heard.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
There is going to be big changes in the next 5 years that's for sure!
(01-25-2019, 03:57 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: It makes sense to me that that area would be a launch with all that conduit, but it's still just a straight line that dead ends. I wonder if you might come into that area backwards, then have a track switch and a forwards launch towards a different area of the ride.

I don't see any place for a traditional lift hill so I'm thinking it has to be all launch and/or elevator lift. It would make sense that the center part of the ride, the place with the square foundations, would be the place for an elevator lift.
I would absolutely LOVE another launch coaster at Lagoon! This one I would likely be able to get off without an awful migraine! (Yes, every single time that I ride Wicked, I get a migraine because of how rough the ride is.) I think that an elevator lift in the center of the ride would really make sense. Hopefully the elevator would be like Cannibal's, in the sense that it would be really fast and have two spots where a car could go.

I really think that this ride needs to be VERY high capacity (I'm talking around 2,000 riders per hour), because of the fact that Lagoon tends to not have a queue that can handle the lines that the ride will get. When the line for Cannibal gets to Jet Star II, you know that there is a problem. I do not want Primordial to have lines like that.

Also, what even is a conduit?
(01-27-2019, 07:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I have a feeling that the Rides Office and Old Marketing Building are on borrowed time, from what I've heard.

I remember thinking the Rides Office felt old and in need of being replaced or removed in 1998. Happy