Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
(01-25-2019, 09:44 AM)Z Wrote: I'm here! I think you have way too much faith in my explanations though. They are definitely conduits though. It looks like they terminated in panels or junction boxes. Are we sure there isn't a LIM on this coaster, because the conduit size would seem to indicate it is carrying conductor and not instrumentation wire.

One thing that really interests me is the initial concrete pour has a lot of rebar. That would seem to indicate there will be a lot of load on those walls. So this structure will be buried or it will be supporting a lot more wall, likely both.

Good video!

-Z
Like these Nate?[Image: 51160d3657c90fd55a5dd0bd33279f81.jpg]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-25-2019, 02:01 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Like these Nate?[Image: 51160d3657c90fd55a5dd0bd33279f81.jpg]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Probably. Looks like it could house a large disconnect/breaker.

-Z
(01-25-2019, 02:10 PM)Z Wrote: Probably. Looks like it could house a large disconnect/breaker.

-Z

Those are some  big electrical boxes, are those bigger or similar to cannibal?
(01-25-2019, 09:44 AM)Z Wrote: I'm here! I think you have way too much faith in my explanations though. They are definitely conduits though. It looks like they terminated in panels or junction boxes. Are we sure there isn't a LIM on this coaster, because the conduit size would seem to indicate it is carrying conductor and not instrumentation wire.

One thing that really interests me is the initial concrete pour has a lot of rebar. That would seem to indicate there will be a lot of load on those walls. So this structure will be buried or it will be supporting a lot more wall, likely both.

Good video!

-Z

It would be sweet if it was a launched coaster family coaster. We could get something like Volcano: The Blast Coaster flying around and inside of a mountain. Just not an invert though.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I think until we see the actual construction with the track and placement etc I think the possibilities of it being launched are very possible. I would love a launched family coaster, we can call it bomboras revenge.
What would be awesome is if we ha e multiple launches... Kinda like how Disney does with the dwarf mine to stop and help tell the story
(01-25-2019, 02:14 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Those are some  big electrical boxes, are those bigger or similar to cannibal?

The grey box is pretty generic. I would suspect Cannibal has a some comparable panels, but I don't know. If it were not covered with a tarp we would know a lot more. The fact that the box looks like it doesn't have doors seems to indicate that it is a single purpose enclosure, likely electrical only. I believe the grey boxes are what we see adjacent to the conduit.

The green boxes look like transformers. The size and number seem to indicate a high electrical load will be associated with the service. On Google Earth, I only see one or two (likely only one though) similarly sized transformers adjacent to Cannibal, but the power draw for Cannibal isn't very high. Wicked appears to have transformers and A/C units west of the main building but I think the biggest transformers and capacitors are housed inside the building, so I didn't see anything quite matching these. However, the transformers could be used anywhere in the park. There could be a large master electrical upgrade in progress that we don't quite understand. This would align with a lot of the other electrical work we have seen in the park over the past couple years, so I wouldn't be surprised.

-Z
(01-25-2019, 02:34 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I think until we see the actual construction with the track and placement etc I think the possibilities of it being launched are very possible.   I would love a launched family coaster, we can call it bomboras revenge.

I like that name better than Primordial honestly. But its also a bit cheesy at the same time.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Lol yeah its totally cheesy, would be cool though if lagoon did name it Bomboras Revenge though! Hint, hint.
It makes sense to me that that area would be a launch with all that conduit, but it's still just a straight line that dead ends. I wonder if you might come into that area backwards, then have a track switch and a forwards launch towards a different area of the ride.

I don't see any place for a traditional lift hill so I'm thinking it has to be all launch and/or elevator lift. It would make sense that the center part of the ride, the place with the square foundations, would be the place for an elevator lift.
I like dark rides