Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
(01-24-2019, 03:52 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I was thinking of a Remixed version of Bat making it better but your suggestion is awesome non the less lol

Everyone loves videos of things being blown up, especially  a roller coaster that's very disappointing.
Still trying to figure out how people never noticed the 1,000 seat Amphitheatre was "Big" to begin with. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
So watching on my 61 inch TV I noticed more that they have what I would call mocking going on around the posts on the south side... is that a sign of the direction of the tracks or what would that be?
(01-24-2019, 04:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Still trying to figure out how people never noticed the 1,000 seat Amphitheatre was "Big" to begin with. lol

Yes it was big. Why did they stop using it?
(01-24-2019, 04:32 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Yes it was big. Why did they stop using it?
Because without Mark and Christy and a couple others....people got sick of Broadway year, after year, after year. That and no one to fight for a budget for a decent show. Really is a shame Peter and Ron's Legacy is gone.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(01-24-2019, 04:32 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So watching on my 61 inch TV I noticed more that they have what I would call mocking going on around the posts on the south side... is that a sign of the direction of the tracks or what would that be?

Do you mean the rib-cage things sticking out of the ground? They're the things I mentioned before that I don't understand. I'd guess they're big arrays of conduit for electrical lines. They follow that straight path of piles that just comes to an end. I might guess it was some sort of launch from all the conduit, but if the track actually follows that path I think it would have to be a track-reverse switch because there's no other way out of there.

Or do you mean something else?
Banana
(01-24-2019, 04:45 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Do you mean the rib-cage things sticking out of the ground? They're the things I mentioned before that I don't understand. I'd guess they're big arrays of conduit for electrical lines. They follow that straight path of piles that just comes to an end. I might guess it was some sort of launch from all the conduit, but if the track actually follows that path I think it would have to be a track-reverse switch because there's no other way out of there.

Or do you mean something else?
Where is Nate for an explanation??? I believe I know what it is, but I don't want to presume anything without Nate explaining it.

I think that alot of that extra piping is PVC piping like you use for your sprinklers, but what really caught my eye is that they have some going horizontally in such a way that it may be a way to visualize where track is going to go.
(01-24-2019, 07:19 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I think that alot of that extra piping is PVC piping like you use for your sprinklers, but what really caught my eye is that they have some going horizontally in such a way that it may be a way to visualize where track is going to go.
Gray would indicate conduit for anything electric and/or has a cable. You will undoubtedly see conduit heading in the direction of the MCC.

Something to note, Cannibal's Station and exit we're poured first.

(01-24-2019, 05:47 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Where is Nate for an explanation??? I believe I know what it is, but I don't want to presume anything without Nate explaining it.

I'm here! I think you have way too much faith in my explanations though. They are definitely conduits though. It looks like they terminated in panels or junction boxes. Are we sure there isn't a LIM on this coaster, because the conduit size would seem to indicate it is carrying conductor and not instrumentation wire.

One thing that really interests me is the initial concrete pour has a lot of rebar. That would seem to indicate there will be a lot of load on those walls. So this structure will be buried or it will be supporting a lot more wall, likely both.

Good video!

-Z