Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
(12-22-2018, 02:56 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Thanks for another great video. That is one big hole!

I would imagine that most of it is going to get filled back in at some point
(12-22-2018, 11:35 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I would imagine that most of it is going to get filled back in at some point

It's possible but I don't see them digging out (and disturbing the unstable soil Lagoon has) a hole that large just to fill it back in. From the new video it also looks like they're digging out another large hole to the south of the original one (but it could just be a construction fence shadow).
(12-22-2018, 03:55 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: It's possible but I don't see them digging out (and disturbing the unstable soil Lagoon has) a hole that large just to fill it back in. From the new video it also looks like they're digging out another large hole to the south of the original one (but it could just be a construction fence shadow).

If the structure is large enough and/or the soil is poor, it becomes necessary to remove soil at a depth specific to the soil that will allow support of the loads and allow construction of a footing of sufficient mass and area to distribute and contain the load. That is not to say we are seeing that here. There is far too little information to surmise the intent of the excavation or the forms that are seen in the video.

-Z
(12-22-2018, 09:34 PM)Z Wrote: If the structure is large enough and/or the soil is poor, it becomes necessary to remove soil at a depth specific to the soil that will allow support of the loads and allow construction of a footing of sufficient mass and area to distribute and contain the load. That is not to say we are seeing that here. There is far too little information to surmise the intent of the excavation or the forms that are seen in the video.

-Z

Oh definitely. Thank you for the information.
Smile 
Would a thrilling family dueling coaster be cool for this? I was thinking about things for this ride, and I think it would go perfect. Maybe a chain lift then a launch side by side? The lift would be for the beginning of time then the launch be the end of it? I can't think of how they're making this exactly but this is in my brain on how this coaster would work...
(12-27-2018, 08:30 PM)Lagoonfan Wrote: Would a thrilling family dueling coaster be cool for this? I was thinking about things for this ride, and I think it would go perfect. Maybe a chain lift then a launch side by side? The lift would be for the beginning of time then the launch be the end of it? I can't think of how they're making this exactly but this is in my brain on how this coaster would work...

That would be way cool.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-27-2018, 08:30 PM)Lagoonfan Wrote: Would a thrilling family dueling coaster be cool for this? I was thinking about things for this ride, and I think it would go perfect. Maybe a chain lift then a launch side by side? The lift would be for the beginning of time then the launch be the end of it? I can't think of how they're making this exactly but this is in my brain on how this coaster would work...

They could do that. I kinda hope they don't because I want them to build one really long coaster instead of two shorter ones. Just as Cannibal fixed the perception that Lagoon didn't have very thrilling coasters, I'm hoping Primordial fixes the perception that Lagoon doesn't have very long coasters. I want to see it break some kind of length record. Maybe it won't be the longest in the U.S., but hopefully it will be at least long enough to reclaim the title of longest in Utah for Lagoon (a title Lagoon currently doesn't hold according to RCDB).
I like dark rides and I love tacos

(12-28-2018, 12:29 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: They could do that. I kinda hope they don't because I want them to build one really long coaster instead of two shorter ones. Just as Cannibal fixed the perception that Lagoon didn't have very thrilling coasters, I'm hoping Primordial fixes the perception that Lagoon doesn't have very long coasters. I want to see it break some kind of length record. Maybe it won't be the longest in the U.S., but hopefully it will be at least long enough to reclaim the title of longest in Utah for Lagoon (a title Lagoon currently doesn't hold according to RCDB).

Lagoon would need to build a long coaster to beat the longest coaster ever built in Utah record. Saltair's were long rides. Lagoon has never gone near the length of them.

(12-28-2018, 12:29 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: They could do that. I kinda hope they don't because I want them to build one really long coaster instead of two shorter ones. Just as Cannibal fixed the perception that Lagoon didn't have very thrilling coasters, I'm hoping Primordial fixes the perception that Lagoon doesn't have very long coasters. I want to see it break some kind of length record. Maybe it won't be the longest in the U.S., but hopefully it will be at least long enough to reclaim the title of longest in Utah for Lagoon (a title Lagoon currently doesn't hold according to RCDB).
I contacted RCDB back in it's early days, providing proof that Fire Dragon opened in 1983, not 1984 as they erroneously stated until just a few years ago.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-28-2018, 01:46 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I contacted RCDB back in it's early days, providing proof that Fire Dragon opened in 1983, not 1984 as they erroneously stated until just a few years ago.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Weird. Some of their info has been wrong but whenever Ive corrected them its been changed quickly.