Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
(08-07-2017, 04:23 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Googled G & S Entertainment. Coming up with a bounce house type company in Virginia.  Laugh

Sweet!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Firstly, it should be noted that "Primordial" has yet to be Filed for Opposition, which is why there is no Registration Number. In other words, Lagoon doesn't yet own "Primordial", and has yet to use it in Commerce.

Greg, "G&S" means Goods and Services. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
It's an okay name, I guess. Don't hate it, don't love it. I just wonder if there could be something a little more powerful that fits what they have in mind.
Lagoon couldn't exactly call it Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, Primeval World, or Primeval or Jurassic anything without infringing on any Trademarks. Something related to Dinosaurs is also something extremely relevant to Utah.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
I think adjectives are kind of silly names for rides (Wicked), but names aren't that important. It's better than 'Late Triassic Park' or something. Lagoon needs a dinosaur ride with physical dinosaur props/animatronics (not CG on a screen). If that's what this is then good idea Lagoon! I've pitched that idea on this board a few times myself.

Don't forget to put a colorful cavern with bio-luminescent life and crystalline structures somewhere inside that thing, Lagoon.

The G & S thing has nothing to do with a company that happens to have the same name. Lagoon is claiming exclusive rights to the name Primordial with Goods and Services relating to an amusement park ride that is specifically a roller coaster. Guess that rumor I heard that the new big ride is actually a water ride was incorrect... unless these are two separate rides... What would be better than a 'mountain' with a roller coaster built into it? A mountain with a roller coaster and a water ride built into it!
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
I've got it Luke! Lagoon is going to integrate Hydro Luge into Lagoon's Mountain's Guardian and rename it.....wait for it....Primordial Luge! lol

I also hope there are physical sets/props/animatronics and not just screens and bad transitions like Wonder Mountain's Guardian.

Also Luke, throw in a Roller Coaster and you've got Smurf Mountain at Kings Dominion. lol

I wouldn't want them to use any of those names so no worries.
Maybe they are doing what Phantasialand did with Taron and Raik, and plan on taking Hydro Luge out anyway to replace it with a new water ride that is now in addition to Primordial?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
What does Taron and Raik at Phantasialand have to do with anything? Phantasialand removed a western town themed area and a dark ride for Taron and Raik.

So, assuming that this is the rumored 2020 project, will it include Hydro-Luge's footprint?

I really have no idea about this stuff. I've heard a lot about the 2020 project, and this trademark is specifically for a roller coaster. I just also heard something about a water ride that would replace Hydro-Luge that sounded like one made by ART.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name