Sky Coaster
I finally rode sky coaster today and man that is freaking scary as heck the first time!!!!!   Who here has rode sky coaster lately and were u scared to death the first time, that initial drop is ridiculous.
That was your FIRST time? As in first time EVER? Wow! How'd you manage to avoid it so long? I freaking LOVE that ride. I've already booked so many flights, I've lost count (easily 200+), and I still would happily drop $15 walking by that thing if the line weren't so long.

If you thought that one was scary, you should check out http://royalgorgebridge.com/rides-attrac...kycoaster/ sometime. The drop's not as high, but the swing out is something special. Wink
Congratulations! It actually has taken a lot of convincing over the years.

That one over the gorge is on my to do list.
(08-03-2017, 10:57 PM)Brăden Wrote: Congratulations! It actually has taken a lot of convincing over the years.

That one over the gorge is on my to do list.

Do it for sure!  Also, be sure to take a trip on https://royalgorgeroute.com/ while you're in Canon City -- it's really gorgeous.  I'd love to go do one of their dinner trains sometime.  And of course, if you're that close, of course you have to go up & ride http://www.cograilway.com/
The 300ft Tall Sky Coaster in Florida has like 15 Seconds of Freefall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-03-2017, 11:02 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The 300ft Tall Sky Coaster in Florida has like 15 Seconds of Freefall.

*That* would be fun.  I've unfortunately never been on one of their models taller than Lagoon's 180' unit, but I'd sure love to someday.  Ahh, if only the travel budget wasn't so limited these days...
(08-03-2017, 11:04 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: *That* would be fun.  I've unfortunately never been on one of their models taller than Lagoon's 180' unit, but I'd sure love to someday.  Ahh, if only the travel budget wasn't so limited these days...
You mean the 153' Model, like Lagoon's

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Yep today was my first time ever on the ride, so after that i've rode everything in the park that is operating. I havent rode Catapult, but not really feeling much need to really want to, so with like the 300 ft. model does the speed of the free fall increase????
(08-03-2017, 11:05 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You mean the 153' Model, like Lagoon's

The launch towers may be, but the arch is ~180.  That's what I was referring to, sorry.
(08-03-2017, 11:11 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Yep today was my first time ever on the ride, so after that i've rode everything in the park that is operating.  I havent rode Catapult, but not really feeling much need to really want to, so with like the 300 ft. model does the speed of the free fall increase????

I'd almost guarantee it.  You're not coming anywhere near terminal velocity (which is around 125mph, off the top of my head) on Skycoaster, so I can only imagine it would (unless they are artificially keeping it from increasing).