Catapult 2017
other catapult rides have bean breaking they have possibly have banned all of the rides like that such as

here is a CNN news report for these rides :
(07-03-2017, 08:17 AM)Isaac Olson Wrote: other catapult rides have bean breaking they have possibly have banned all of the rides like that such as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMuX9UjZ7Qg

[citation needed]
(07-03-2017, 08:17 AM)Isaac Olson Wrote: other catapult rides have bean breaking they have possibly have banned all of the rides like that such as

here is a CNN news report for these rides :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMuX9UjZ7Qg
The type of ride in this video is NOT, I repeat NOT, a Slingshot from Funtime Industries, like Catapult, and those in Cedar Fair and Six Flags Parks. Funtime Industries Slingshots, like Catapult, use Redundant Steel Cables (2 on each side of the Capsule and each Capable of Carrying 9,000 lbs) and a Spring Machine and Pulley System. There has NEVER, I again repeat NEVER, been an instance of a cable snapping or redundant shoulder harness releasing on a Funtime Industries Slingshot.

http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index1.htm

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
From what was said about the footswitches on Catapult, I'm guessing when that new PLC arrives and the ride opens again there will be something new in the program to prevent another crash even if somebody is a leadfoot on the pedal.

I know that the rides in the above video use bungees and are not the same as Catapult. What's crazy to me about the second one in the video is that there are two 'redundant' bungees, and they both broke at the same time.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Can anyone tell me what a PLC is???

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(07-09-2017, 11:39 PM)Setalla77 Wrote: Can anyone tell me what a PLC is???

Programmable Logic Controller, it's kind of like a computer that controls the ride, but it is technically different and much more stable than a computer.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(07-10-2017, 12:27 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Programmable Logic Controller, it's kind of like a computer that controls the ride, but it is technically different and much more stable than a computer.

Thank you.