Catapult 2017
do any of you guys know what is happening with catapult
(07-02-2017, 08:09 PM)Isaac Olson Wrote: do any of you guys know what is happening with catapult
Supposedly it's an issue with the PLC, but there's some other things that happened last year....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-02-2017, 09:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Supposedly it's an issue with the PLC, but there's some other things that happened last year....

Wasn't it 2015 that they smashed the capsule up? Am I a year off or did something else break?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(07-02-2017, 11:46 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Wasn't it 2015 that they smashed the capsule up? Am I a year off or did something else break?
There's that times 2, and then appearently a PLC Failure.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
OK that's scary... off topic but does anyone have a guess as to how busy Lagoon will be today
Holidays are not busy at Lagoon. Even when Lagoon did Fireworks, it was never really that busy.

I was told earlier this year that the plan is still to open it sometime this season.  Of course, plans change, so that's no guarantee.  Still though, I can't believe they'll let it sit SBNO for 2+ full seasons... especially an X-Venture revenue ride.  I honestly think if they can't get it working again before the end of the season, one has to wonder about whether it'll ever be back.
(07-02-2017, 11:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There's that times 2, and then appearently a PLC Failure.

Could they be reprogramming the PLC to somehow prevent a third smash, or is that totally dependent on the operator?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(07-02-2017, 11:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There's that times 2, and then appearently a PLC Failure.

Sid thanks for the info... You're the best!
(07-03-2017, 01:23 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I was told earlier this year that the plan is still to open it sometime this season.  Of course, plans change, so that's no guarantee.  Still though, I can't believe they'll let it sit SBNO for 2+ full seasons... especially an X-Venture revenue ride.  I honestly think if they can't get it working again before the end of the season, one has to wonder about whether it'll ever be back.
Considering how many parks have these...and how many have installed them in the past 5-6 years (Cedar Fair & Six Flags), Lagoon being one of the earliest, the popularity when it's operating, I highly doubt Lagoon would remove Catapult. The story I heard about how Catapult came about, was that Funtime offered to pay all Construction and Installation Costs if Lagoon gave them a Cut of the Profits for 10 or 20 Years. Not sure how accurate that is, but it was the story.

(07-03-2017, 01:45 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Could they be reprogramming the PLC to somehow prevent a third smash, or is that totally dependent on the operator?
The Yellow Footswitch next to the Fence by the Control Panel was to lower the Capsule to the safe height above the platform, before using the Black Footswitch next to the magnet to lower the fork into the Magnet and lower the Capsule all the way. The Black Footswitch had a delay in it, so if you just stood on it, it could just drop. The trick was to step and hold it until it started lowering, then release your foot and pump it. Some of us were quite good at reading the Capsule and could pump it down home real quick. Probably one of the reasons I was stuck on it so much in 2002. Of course, I'm not going into too much technical detail, but could in person. To crash the Capsule into the platform loaded is just inconceivable to me, and reckless. I could only imagine the utter horror and panic that went through management's mind when news came of it.

(07-03-2017, 01:51 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Sid thanks for the info... You're the best!
Always happy to help when I'm able.