The Lost History of Saltair -A Book and Documentary Project
I am so going to get ripped to pieces for this.....

I know very little about Saltair, do you think you have any information that could get my started? It sounds interesting.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(Yesterday, 07:53 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I am so going to get ripped to pieces for this.....

I know very little about Saltair, do you think you have any information that could get my started? It sounds interesting.

I've never known much about it, either.  Most of what I know comes from the Wikipedia article on it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltair_(Utah)).
(Yesterday, 08:58 PM)Gregory Wrote: I've never known much about it, either.  Most of what I know comes from the Wikipedia article on it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltair_(Utah)).
Ian, are you working on having that Wikipedia Page updated with your research and information? I sure hope so!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(Yesterday, 07:53 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I am so going to get ripped to pieces for this.....

Its ok. Not many do. Which is one of the main reason's I'm writing my book. I have plenty of information to get you started, but the best way will be to pick up a copy of my book when its completed.

When people hear about Saltair and how large it was, they don't understand why something so large and massive was built essentially out in the middle of nowhere. They also do not realize that it was the last in a line of 9 bathing resorts and the most successful one. My book is aimed at helping readers understand the what, why and how that is Saltair. My book will be the only correct writing on many subjects pertaining to Saltair, for example it will be the only book to go in depth about each and everyone of the resorts roller coasters (something the 1985 book on Saltair didn't even touch and which the state of Utah has one incorrect paragraph written about.)

The book starts out with a introduction to the resort and then gives a brief history of the Great Salt Lake. This introduction to the GSL is necessary to help readers to have a beginning understanding of why the Great Salt Lake is the way it is and why these 9 bathing resorts were built on it. The chapter following will be an introduction to the other resorts that came before Saltair and then will have a brief but in depth look into each one. These sections will give the reader a good understanding of how each resort was and what made it different from the other resorts.

By providing this background of the other bathing resorts, will help readers see that Saltair was the way it was because the founders took note of what other resorts had done and that they improved on those ideas. From then on out the book is solely about the the Saltair Beach Resort and everything that went on there.

I am working on the book pretty much every day. It takes a lot of time when I'm the author, researcher, editor (though I have plenty of help in that regard) and negotiator for the use of pictures. This is an immense project but one that I feel passionately about and think is important to preserve history.

Sorry that was a long answer to your question and probably more than you wanted to know.

To keep the most up to date on the books progress like a FB page I've created for it.

https://www.facebook.com/LostHistoryofSaltair

(Yesterday, 08:58 PM)Gregory Wrote: I've never known much about it, either.  Most of what I know comes from the Wikipedia article on it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltair_(Utah)).

Please don't believe anything on that page. Its a small amount of facts mixed with a whole bunch of hooey. 

(Yesterday, 09:52 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Ian, are you working on having that Wikipedia Page updated with your research and information? I sure hope so!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yup. That is is the plan. Once my book is done, published and released then I'll personally update that page, I'll probably delete everything on it and start over realistically.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West