The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon!
I'd love a book about Saltair's roller coasters and from what you've said about your research it would probably be a good idea. But I'm a quality over quantity guy myself. No need to try to make it as long as you can. Just make sure it's well edited. And a picture in a book would be more useful as a reference than in a video. Just my thoughts.
(07-19-2017, 02:35 PM)Brăden Wrote: I'd love a book about Saltair's roller coasters and from what you've said about your research it would probably be a good idea. But I'm a quality over quantity guy myself. No need to try to make it as long as you can. Just make sure it's well edited. And a picture in a book would be more useful as a reference than in a video. Just my thoughts.

Thanks. It will be well edited. I've several times thought it was done and have had the word processing department of my firm edit it and clean it up as well as a few others read it and give me feed back. But as historical research goes I've found more and more really good stuff and most of it has been lost to history that I feel needs to be included. I myself am also a quality over quantity guy myself as well. I just have lots of raw data (ride stats, opening dates, etc) that I am compiling and making for an interesting but easy to read paper. As for including pictures in the book I have a few that I could include in my book with no strings attached (Never before seen ones) and others I have permission to use in my video already and would require obtaining further permissions to publish them. I appreciate the feed back, it is very helpful.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West

Happy Belated Pioneer Day!

[Image: a0fa65b7842489bd9a07611356e9a039.jpg]

It was a warm August day at Saltair. The day was August 29, 1957 and the season was about to end for the year. Little did Saltair know that their largest attraction would come crashing down that day. 60 years ago today at 5 PM the Giant Racer at Saltair was hit by a 75 mph gust of wind and was blown over. The loss of this coaster was a major contributing factor to Saltair finally closing its doors.

The Lost Coasters of Saltair is coming soon. Stay tuned!

Trailer 3 is now live!

Saltair The Coney Island of the West opened on May 30, 1893 on the southern shore of the Great Salt Lake. The park operated until 1958 when it closed down. Over its lifetime the park had 3 different roller coasters. In this upcoming documentary, each coaster will be given an in depth coverage, telling the facts about the coasters and dispelling falsehoods. There will be information forgotten about these coasters and never before seen images of the coasters.

This is great! I really look forward to it.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(08-31-2017, 03:17 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: This is great! I really look forward to it.

Thanks. I'm really excited about it.

Tomorrow I will be doing an interview with a former ride operator of the Giant Racer II. I've got a good batch of questions, but if anyone has any questions that they would like to ask I would be glad to include them.

Thanks

What other rides did he operate, if any?
Did he work at any other parks?
What kind of shifts did he usually work? Were they long hours?
What were the busiest times of the day/week/season?
(09-25-2017, 12:50 PM)Brăden Wrote: What other rides did he operate, if any?
Did he work at any other parks?
What kind of shifts did he usually work? Were they long hours?
What were the busiest times of the day/week/season?

Thanks I added the questions. The interview went great!