Log Flume Discussion
(05-17-2018, 06:13 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon DID have someone, but she retired. I'm sure she would have made sure it turned out right. Maybe like with the Tidal Wave wenches, the other logs have been "bleached" lol

Lagoon also has a full and functional Art and Sign Shop, unlike most parks, which don't. All park signage, besides the obvious yesco signs, are done in house.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That makes sense, the Tidal Wave crew were painted well even though their race changed.. and some stuff over by tipsey tea cups and jumping dragon are pretty nice. They should hire somebody to replace her... and quit with the Yesco signs. They could use a CNC mill to carve out a nice sign and place individual carnival midway bulbs in it. They could totally produce something very similar to the original screamer sign on their own. I'm thinking of putting those lights in my backyard.
Click here for eternal salvation.

(05-18-2018, 01:07 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: That makes sense, the Tidal Wave crew were painted well even though their race changed.. and some stuff over by tipsey tea cups and jumping dragon are pretty nice. They should hire somebody to replace her... and quit with the Yesco signs. They could use a CNC mill to carve out a nice sign and place individual carnival midway bulbs in it. They could totally produce something very similar to the original screamer sign on their own. I'm thinking of putting those lights in my backyard.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. I agree with Luke on this one. The yesco style signs need to stop.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
A lot of the time it's about the bottom $$$ I bet the Yesco signs are cheaper then making them themselves at this point.
(05-18-2018, 11:18 AM)DeLorean Wrote: A lot of the time it's about the bottom $$$ I bet the Yesco signs are cheaper then making them themselves at this point.

Yes it is all about money. Sometime you need to spend extra to get a way better product. The Yesco Signs are just too bland for a park with such a unique character.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(05-18-2018, 01:20 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Yes it is all about money. Sometime you need to spend extra to get a way better product. The Yesco Signs are just too bland for a park with such a unique character.
Agreed...
(05-18-2018, 11:18 AM)DeLorean Wrote: A lot of the time it's about the bottom $$$ I bet the Yesco signs are cheaper then making them themselves at this point.

Yesco signs and their maintenance plans are ungodly expensive. Lagoon probably gets a little bit of a deal for having so many, but they're not the cheap option. It would be cheaper for them to make their own carnival style signs, but they'd have to replace light bulbs and the uh... faceted globes regularly.
Click here for eternal salvation.

(05-18-2018, 01:07 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: That makes sense, the Tidal Wave crew were painted well even though their race changed.. and some stuff over by tipsey tea cups and jumping dragon are pretty nice. They should hire somebody to replace her... and quit with the Yesco signs. They could use a CNC mill to carve out a nice sign and place individual carnival midway bulbs in it. They could totally produce something very similar to the original screamer sign on their own. I'm thinking of putting those lights in my backyard.
I long for the days of Samurai's Lagoon built Marquee, as it's simple and looks good. I like the Yesco Spider, Mouse, Roller Coaster. Fire Dragon's new sign is ok and on par with Cannibal's IMO. I'm sure Lagoon still has all of the old signs that belong to Jet Star 2, Fire Dragon, and Screamer. I mean, they still have Kontiki's Backdrop. lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island