Log Flume 2017
(06-26-2017, 02:36 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I'm interested to see what you come up with
Here is the video I released 6 months ago showing a fun idea.

(06-26-2017, 03:42 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I don't think anything is better than your wooden masterpiece.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(06-26-2017, 03:42 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I don't think anything is better than your wooden masterpiece.

Sid do you have an idea what Lagoon could put in PV for a new attraction?
(06-26-2017, 04:18 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Sid do you have an idea what Lagoon could put in PV for a new attraction?
I can't see anything added in the future ride wise, as PV Closes 1 Hour Early. If Lagoon changed that Policy, I could see a couple Family Rides, but that would be it. A New Log Flume would be the only exception. Log Flume is really Lagoon's only Obsolete Ride. I get the Nostalgia and History, but at some point it's gotta go. There's nothing better to replace it with than a higher capacity Flume Ride, and many manufacturers can supply that. While I would love to see Lagoon get a Hopkins Super Flume, the lowest Minimum Height Requirement for one is at Tokyo Disneyland for Splash Mountain at 35". A new Log Flume from any Manufacturer wouldn't require such a high minimum height requirement or one at all, like the Current Log Flume.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Very insightful and I completely agree. Thanks!
Lagoon has the most ZERO Height Requirement Rides of any park and some of the Lowest that is not Disney Park. I can see Lagoon continuing that with a New Log Flume if it were to happen. A 35" or 36" Height Requirement just doesn't seem right for a park like Lagoon.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
I say remove log flume and put in a more modern model. I also would think a Zamperla Demolition Derby wild west themed would work well in PV. I also think a MACK Power Splash would be sweet in the Lagoon itself. If I was speculate on possible rides.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
A wild west theme demolition Derby would be a great fit!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
(06-27-2017, 07:30 PM)CoastersN'Stuff Wrote: A wild west theme demolition Derby would be a great fit!

Agreed!

(06-27-2017, 07:11 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I say remove log flume and put in a more modern model. I also would think a Zamperla Demolition Derby wild west themed would work well in PV. I also think a MACK Power Splash would be sweet in the Lagoon itself. If I was speculate on possible rides.
I would hope to see a Larger Disney Sized Zamperla Demolition Derby, but just 1 Ride System with 3 or 4 Turntables. They definitely look fun and I've hoped for one at Lagoon for a while. You theme the carriers as cows and call it "Stampede." Lagoon can feel free to use my R&D right there. lol I find the mechanics of the Power Splash more interesting than the ride it's self.

(06-27-2017, 07:11 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I say remove log flume and put in a more modern model. I also would think a Zamperla Demolition Derby wild west themed would work well in PV. I also think a MACK Power Splash would be sweet in the Lagoon itself. If I was speculate on possible rides.
A Larger "Disney Sized" Zamperla Demolition Derby (Mater's Junkyard Jamboree & Alien Swirling Saucers) with a single ride system with 3 or 4 Turntables would be fantastic. Theme the Carriers as Cows/Steers and call it "Stampede", "Rodeo", or "Round Up" and Voila.

I find the mechanics of the MACK Power Splash more interesting than the ride it's self.

(06-27-2017, 07:30 PM)CoastersN'Stuff Wrote: A wild west theme demolition Derby would be a great fit!

Agreed!

I saw the new Log Flume sign on the top of the hill today. It looks awesome and out of place at the same time.