Log Flume 2017
(06-25-2017, 07:11 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think there is one potentially great use of VR at amusement parks. A park could take quality VR recordings of all existing and new rides, then store them away for a later day. When the time comes that various rides need to be removed, the park could offer a VR defunct rides attraction where guests could go relive the memories. Adding a motion simulator into the mix wouldn't hurt either.

A "Yesterland" in VR would be pretty sweet. All parks should contribute to something like this for the old timers to enjoy.
I'm not into VR on coasters, I think it ruins them. I would be supportive of augmented reality on coasters though.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(06-25-2017, 07:32 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I'm not into VR on coasters, I think it ruins them. I would be supportive of augmented reality on coasters though.
So, a see through display where you see where you are going but with VR stuff added on top? Now THAT would be acceptable, IMO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Yup. Exactly. Easy way to add new themes easily.

(06-25-2017, 10:32 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Yup. Exactly. Easy way to add new themes easily.
Win

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(06-25-2017, 04:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'd rather it get torn out and replaced by a Hopkins Log Flume or Super Flume.

Sid that is an awesome idea. I see no reason to keep the old ride. It does have horrible capacity. I'm amazed people will wait that long in line for such a short (not very good) ride.
(06-25-2017, 04:22 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: PV does need some kind of attraction addition. Will it happen probably not in a conventional flat ride or coaster unfortunately. I would love if Lagoon would turn it into more of a living town than just a bunch of scenes. I'd love for on busier days to have the shoot out back along with the employees in the bakery and arby's dressed and acting in character. Make it like you walked back in the 1800's. That is easy and doesn't add a ton of noise for the neighbors of the park.

If there is nothing majorly wrong with the ride might as well leave it be. Maybe add a story theme to it.

I still think a mine train ride/rollercoaster would be doable in some location in PV. I think noise levels could be mitigated with allot of tunnels and sound walls. PV needs a new major attraction to draw people back there and help with overcrowding in the rest of the park.
(06-26-2017, 02:10 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I still think a mine train ride/rollercoaster would be doable in some location in PV. I think noise levels could be mitigated with allot of tunnels and sound walls. PV needs a new major attraction to draw people back there and help with overcrowding in the rest of the park.

I think the only place reasonably a coaster could be put to reduce noise levels is right where the zoo sits. That way PV itself would help shield the noise also. I would love to see a coaster themed to the Old West back in PV but I'm not holding my breathe LOL. Maybe when I get some time, as I've got several other projects in NL at the moment, I could mess around with that in my digital recreation of PV.

The area I am talking about is circled in red and an entrance to the ride could be situated at the south end of PV.

I'm interested to see what you come up with
(06-26-2017, 08:39 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I think the only place reasonably a coaster could be put to reduce noise levels is right where the zoo sits. That way PV itself would help shield the noise also. I would love to see a coaster themed to the Old West back in PV but I'm not holding my breathe LOL. Maybe when I get some time, as I've got several other projects in NL at the moment, I could mess around with that in my digital recreation of PV.

The area I am talking about is circled in red and an entrance to the ride could be situated at the south end of PV.
I don't think anything is better than your wooden masterpiece.