Log Flume 2017
Looks like Lagoon is doing some work on Log Flume. This was shared on the Facebook page:

Here is the link to the post for those of you who might like to like or share this on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...permPage=1
I've been noticing the new cladding along the south side of the lift, but hadn't seen the new lettering. I like the look! I wonder if it's treated/sealed & they'll leave it natural like that, or end up staining/painting it? It's about time Log Flume had some love!

FWIW, this weekend in Lincoln City is Pixiefest, a celebration remembering Pixieland Amusement Park, where there's supposed to be some features about the history of the park and the Log Flume, along with Little Toot (now running as the funnel-stacked locomotive on the Wild Kingdom Train). https://www.thenewsguard.com/news/pixief...e9454.html
Here's hoping log ride gets an extension/update in the future. It could be a ride that's worth the wait. Pioneer village needs some love in the ride category.
(06-25-2017, 03:07 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Here's hoping log ride gets an extension/update in the future. It could be a ride that's worth the wait. Pioneer village needs some love in the ride category.
I'd rather it get torn out and replaced by a Hopkins Log Flume or Super Flume.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-25-2017, 03:07 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Here's hoping log ride gets an extension/update in the future. It could be a ride that's worth the wait. Pioneer village needs some love in the ride category.

PV does need some kind of attraction addition. Will it happen probably not in a conventional flat ride or coaster unfortunately. I would love if Lagoon would turn it into more of a living town than just a bunch of scenes. I'd love for on busier days to have the shoot out back along with the employees in the bakery and arby's dressed and acting in character. Make it like you walked back in the 1800's. That is easy and doesn't add a ton of noise for the neighbors of the park.

(06-25-2017, 04:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'd rather it get torn out and replaced by a Hopkins Log Flume or Super Flume.

If there is nothing majorly wrong with the ride might as well leave it be. Maybe add a story theme to it.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(06-25-2017, 04:22 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: PV does need some kind of attraction addition. Will it happen probably not in a conventional flat ride or coaster unfortunately. I would love if Lagoon would turn it into more of a living town than just a bunch of scenes. I'd love for on busier days to have the shoot out back along with the employees in the bakery and arby's dressed and acting in character. Make it like you walked back in the 1800's. That is easy and doesn't add a ton of noise for the neighbors of the park.

If there is nothing majorly wrong with the ride might as well leave it be. Maybe add a story theme to it.
It has a very low capacity, is patched together, and obsolete. A new Hopkins Flume or Super Flume would add capacity and an opportunity to theme the ride.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
It would be cool if Lagoon turned all of Pioneer Village into a Knott's Berry Farm Ghost Town Alive type thing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
(06-25-2017, 06:38 PM)CoastersN'Stuff Wrote: It would be cool if Lagoon turned all of Pioneer Village into a Knott's Berry Farm Ghost Town Alive type thing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I'm Vehemently Against VR. The whole point of going to an Amusement or Theme Park or Riding a Roller Coaster is Obvious. Why muck it up! If I want to ride a VR Coaster, I can watch NL creations on YouTube.

(06-25-2017, 06:43 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'm Vehemently Against VR. The whole point of going to an Amusement or Theme Park or Riding a Roller Coaster is Obvious. Why muck it up! If I want to ride a VR Coaster, I can watch NL creations on YouTube.

I think there is one potentially great use of VR at amusement parks. A park could take quality VR recordings of all existing and new rides, then store them away for a later day. When the time comes that various rides need to be removed, the park could offer a VR defunct rides attraction where guests could go relive the memories. Adding a motion simulator into the mix wouldn't hurt either.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(06-25-2017, 07:11 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think there is one potentially great use of VR at amusement parks. A park could take quality VR recordings of all existing and new rides, then store them away for a later day. When the time comes that various rides need to be removed, the park could offer a VR defunct rides attraction where guests could go relive the memories. Adding a motion simulator into the mix wouldn't hurt either.
Win