Space Scrambler
I just had someone reach out to me on Twitter inquiring about Space Scrambler. I wasn't even aware that it was down. The person who contacted me mentioned that there was caution tape around parts of it. Caution tape seems a bit odd unless there is something around the midway needing fixing, so Lagoon is blocking the area. Anyone see the ride down or may have heard what is going on?
Oooh, that's not good. Caution tape seems really unusual, unless... oh man, sure hope not.

One thing though: I've noticed recently that some of the hubs at the end of the main arms have been scraping the concrete floor of the ride, presumably from settling (don't think I noticed them before this season). Maybe they're preparing to rip out & re-pour the ride enclosure? Sure seems like weird timing for that, though.

Still man, caution tape? You wouldn't need that for just a broken part or to close the ride. Maybe they had to spray for something in the planters & are trying to keep people out of it?
(06-16-2017, 02:08 PM)Willenator Wrote: I just had someone reach out to me on Twitter inquiring about Space Scrambler. I wasn't even aware that it was down. The person who contacted me mentioned that there was caution tape around parts of it. Caution tape seems a bit odd unless there is something around the midway needing fixing, so Lagoon is blocking the area. Anyone see the ride down or may have heard what is going on?

It was up for School days as I know the school mom who was running it. Weird.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(06-16-2017, 04:06 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It was up for School days as I know the school mom who was running it. Weird.

When I was there Tuesday they had the arms and cars off of the central post hub/thing so something big happened to it.
Gear Replacement, seen it many times on Scrambler. I only saw caution tape inside the ride enclosure Tuesday

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
The caution​ tape is still on the ride.
Here is what the tape looks like thanks to Spy Hunter. Looks like they've just put it up inside of the enclosure around the area being worked on inside of the ride enclosure. Guess they need to warn the employees who might be cleaning the ride to not enter the area? I've never seen them do this before and seems odd to me.

It looks like the steel panels that usually make up part of the flat ground aren't all in the proper place so they just put the tape up to warn anybody who might go into that area not to because they could trip or fall.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(06-16-2017, 10:07 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: It looks like the steel panels that usually make up part of the flat ground aren't all in the proper place so they just put the tape up to warn anybody who might go into that area not to because they could trip or fall.

Yeah. They had it completely out of place a few days ago. They brought the crane in to lift it to the side so they could access the stuff in the middle
It was back up and running yesterday, so whatever it was, wasn't too difficult of a fix.