Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2̶0̶1̶8̶ 2019?
There's so much construction work that goes on in the park every off-season that this blob-squatch may be anything from a planter being moved to a sewer pipe being replaced to opening Dave Freed's secret underground bunker.

Also, port-a-potty would be kinda wasteful and inconvenient considering how many employee restrooms are around the shops & offices so close by.

Really, probably nothing of note.
(01-09-2019, 05:27 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: This comes from CrossfireGaming's Jan 9th drone video. It kind of looks to me like there's a small excavator and a port-o-potty under the Game Time canopy and perhaps a chain link fence in front of the area. What do you think?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=862]

Sweet. While, I might not be anything huge, that got me slightly excited. Also, seeing the séance structure still up means the large building is definitely staying year round, which makes me think, what will they do with it? That is in front of the arcade, so maybe they are doing something similar to your idea. 

Since I thought of Séance's façade being up year round, how long does it usually take for lagoon to unpack frightmares and clear out the pavilions? I already know Séance is staying up, but just thinking, how long would it take for, lets say, the Davis Pavilion to be turned back into a pavilion?
Speaking of, one of the most exciting things for me this summer is seeing the Davis Pavilion. I have never seen, not once, the inside of the Davis Pavilion when it is normal. I can't wait to this year! If it is open...
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(01-09-2019, 05:27 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: This comes from CrossfireGaming's Jan 9th drone video. It kind of looks to me like there's a small excavator and a port-o-potty under the Game Time canopy and perhaps a chain link fence in front of the area. What do you think?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=862]

So you have an eagle eye....I went back to the video and was able to zoom in on the image and there is a small excavator there.
I can't imagine that it's for a planter box, cause I can't remember if there was one there or not... And I don't remember there being any drains or anything over there either.
I will probably give it two weeks and then drive up again and I will take more note to get more images from that area though.
I also wanted to get more of the Roller Coaster, but there is no really good place to park in the front of the park.
The 1st time I didn't realize that there was "No parking" signs.
(01-10-2019, 12:41 AM)DeLorean Wrote: So you have an eagle eye....I went back to the video and was able to zoom in on the image and there is a small excavator there.
I can't imagine that it's for a planter box, cause I can't remember if there was one there or not... And I don't remember there being any drains or anything over there either.
I will probably give it two weeks and then drive up again and I will take more note to get more images from that area though.
I also wanted to get more of the Roller Coaster, but there is no really good place to park in the front of the park.

Thanks! Maybe the thing I thought was a port-o-potty is actually the cab for the excavator.

There is a small parking lot and gazebo for the Farmington river trail across the street from the campground.
Banana
(01-10-2019, 12:41 AM)DeLorean Wrote: So you have an eagle eye....I went back to the video and was able to zoom in on the image and there is a small excavator there.
There are two planters and several drains over there.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-10-2019, 07:29 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There are two planters and several drains over there.

If I remember correctly both of those planters got rebuilt into the 'new style' last year.
(01-11-2019, 01:45 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: If I remember correctly both of those planters got rebuilt into the 'new style' last year.
The planters in front of Game Time were built when they removed the remote controlled boats and cars in the mid to late 90s. If you are referring to the ones in front of Seance, I believe you are correct.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-12-2019, 05:01 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The planters in front of Game Time were built when they removed the remote controlled boats and cars in the mid to late 90s. If you are referring to the ones in front of Seance, I believe you are correct.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I totally forgot about the boats!
At first I was really trying to think about full size boats being there until I remembered the boats... WOW!

So there's a large container at the game time entrance where there was previously an excavator parked. Now an excavator is actively ripping up the concrete near Dracula's courtyard, and I believe the stairs to the courtyard are also gone. You be sure to keep that excavator a good distance from that facade buddy!
Banana
(01-23-2019, 09:28 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: https://youtu.be/GNdwHnFmfCc

So there's a large container at the game time entrance where there was previously an excavator parked. Now an excavator is actively ripping up the concrete near Dracula's courtyard, and I believe the stairs to the courtyard are also gone. You be sure to keep that excavator a good distance from that facade buddy!

So I had a look on my 55inch TV and next to that excavator there is some kind of dark spire. Not sure if it's a tree or something else..I should have got closer. Next time I am going to remember to take pictures