Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2̶0̶1̶8̶ 2020?
YouTube may still be processing the 1080 version. I've seen videos process at a lower resolution first and then a day or two later it allows viewing at the resolution it was uploaded with.
(01-24-2019, 11:43 AM)DeLorean Wrote: As far as activity... yes I believe that its a lot of activity for a park that is in it's closed season.

There's likely to be some people who are just instinctively hostile to you about what you're doing and it might not make a lot of sense at first. Some people who've worked at Lagoon don't see the park the same way you and I do. It's not just a fun place to go on rides. To them, it's like a high school full of cliques. There's the cool people and the popular people and the dorks, and so on. And then there's the people at the park who don't even count as human, the outsiders, those derisively known as the 'general public' or GP (you and me). The general public are idiots who only need to be lied to and mocked.

Some people take this all way to seriously and wear any tiny bit of insider information they may have as a sort of badge to show how cool they are. Insider information only comes from the top and should never be passed on to the GP. It certainly can't come from the GP. When some lowly GP goes and sticks his drone in the sky and reveals more than they even knew with their 'insider' status, it messes with their view of the natural order of things.

Don't let it bug you. I thought the video was great. It won't win any academy awards, but it showed the progress of the projects at Lagoon from the sky, which is just what I was hoping for! Thanks!
Banana
I think that more importantly I am learning more and more with every video that I upload...As far as the 1080 version.... I fixed that too and it's here
(01-24-2019, 01:47 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: There's likely to be some people who are just instinctively hostile to you about what you're doing and it might not make a lot of sense at first.... <snip>

Wow, there's so much horse-hockey and assumption in that reply, I'm just floored...

First off, ask around:  I'm one of the nicest people here that you'll run into and have a chat about Lagoon with.  I'm the absolute LAST person you'll ever see throwing around that b.s. term "GP", especially in any derogatory manner.  I can be hostile, and if you want to keep up that tone, I'll be happy to, but I wasn't being hostile in my reply about the video.  I was saying that the couple of vehicles seen on that video is nothing compared to the activity you'll see there later in the spring when the park really starts waking up.  I know, because I've worked there in the off-season and know how crazy it can get.

Everything else I said in my reply was just constructive feedback on stuff he might try in his videos in the future.  In no way did I ever deride him or belittle him for his efforts; I think it's great he is out there, I just think there might be ways he could polish up the videos.  If you guys want to assume I meant anything different, go on & think what you want.

Way off base, dude.
(01-24-2019, 10:43 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Wow, there's so much horse-hockey and assumption in that reply, I'm just floored...

First off, ask around:  I'm one of the nicest people here that you'll run into and have a chat about Lagoon with.  I'm the absolute LAST person you'll ever see throwing around that b.s. term "GP", especially in any derogatory manner.  I can be hostile, and if you want to keep up that tone, I'll be happy to, but I wasn't being hostile in my reply about the video.  I was saying that the couple of vehicles seen on that video is nothing compared to the activity you'll see there later in the spring when the park really starts waking up.  I know, because I've worked there in the off-season and know how crazy it can get.

Everything else I said in my reply was just constructive feedback on stuff he might try in his videos in the future.  In no way did I ever deride him or belittle him for his efforts; I think it's great he is out there, I just think there might be ways he could polish up the videos.  If you guys want to assume I meant anything different, go on & think what you want.

Way off base, dude.
Way off base is absolutely correct! DragonTamer knows his stuff. Constructive criticism is helpful. Rehashing the same old "Grandpa's Off His Meds Again" crap is just off base.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-24-2019, 10:43 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Wow, there's so much horse-hockey and assumption in that reply, I'm just floored...

Way off base, dude.

I can see that it looks like my rant is about you but it isn't. You just happened to trigger a long-building rant from me about certain behavior that I've seen (a lot) from people who aren't you. Sorry about that.

People who work(ed) at Lagoon are going to have a very different perspective of the park than the general public. Both perspectives are very real to the people who hold them. That's normal. There's some former employees (not you) who are instinctively hostile to anything that comes from outsiders/the general public (or Lagoon's competitors, or people who report about Lagoon, or people who complain about Lagoon, etc). These people are entirely missing the point that the 'GP' are the most important element in any theme park and you should encourage them to do their thing and not belittle/sabotage their discussion.

I'm not talking about you, you've seemed super cool to me, I'm pretty sure I heard about Primordial from you first.
Banana
(01-24-2019, 11:29 PM)jetstar2 Wrote:  I can see that it looks like my rant is about you but it isn't. You just happened to trigger a long-building rant from me about certain behavior that I've seen (a lot) from people who aren't you. Sorry about that.

People who work(ed) at Lagoon are going to have a very different perspective of the park than the general public. Both perspectives are very real to the people who hold them. That's normal. There's some former employees (not you) who are instinctively hostile to anything that comes from outsiders/the general public (or Lagoon's competitors, or people who report about Lagoon, or people who complain about Lagoon, etc). These people are entirely missing the point that the 'GP' are the most important element in any theme park and you should encourage them to do their thing and not belittle/sabotage their discussion.

I'm not talking about you, you've seemed super cool to me, I'm pretty sure I heard about Primordial from you first.

Appreciate the reply, and apologies for any misunderstandings on my part.  It felt very directed without context, but I appreciate your clarification.

With that, keep your arms & legs inside the car at all times and enjoy your back-on-topic ride!
Let's say theoretically that the facade of Dracula's Castle is cracked and crumbling and not sturdy enough to last too much longer. What do you think should be done about it? Should they throw a lot of money at it in an attempt to preserve it, try to build an exact replica, build a completely new one, just wait for the current one to collapse, or something else?
Banana
(01-30-2019, 12:01 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Let's say theoretically that the facade of Dracula's Castle is cracked and crumbling and not sturdy enough to last too much longer. What do you think should be done about it? Should they throw a lot of money at it in an attempt to preserve it, try to build an exact replica, build a completely new one, just wait for the current one to collapse, or something else?

I would think, knowing lagoon, they would probably put more money on the inside(because if, theoretically they decided to focus on the castle, like Terror Ride, I think they would just fix up the outside a little.) I mean, they just re-painted it, which means they would not destroy it any time soon. Theoretically.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
I was thinking back, and started feeling a little sad about the old Dracula's Castle. I remember riding it once around 2008, or 2009 and seeing Dracula where the were wolves were now, and a skeleton reaper on top of a pile of skulls that jumped at you, and some other things. It was really fun and my favorite ride for the next while, and I don't remember when, but once they replaced Dracula and put him outside, and added the dragon and the wolves, I was a little disappointed, but I knew it needed a slight change. I started really liking it, the wolfs being one of my favorite parts of the ride along with the dragon, and sparky also being the creepiest to me. When it got changed in 2017, I felt like it lost most of it nostalgia, detail, and cool scenes.

I bet for you old timers, the old Draculas castle was around 2000 and 2001, but I just miss the old/not to long ago castle. I was fine when they re-did Terror Ride, but if they re do the castle this year, I will feel kind of sad knowing my last ride on it was a bit disappointing. Does anyone else agree with me on this? I can't be the only one who didn't like it these past two years.

I dunno, this sounds like a third world problem, but I still miss it. Does anyone know what year they added the dragon and wolves and put Dracula outside. And does anyone know what the majority of the castle was like around 2006? Because I rode it for my first time that year, and just remember the screaming picture. I am going to guess that they added the dragon and the wolves around 2008.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.