Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2018
Ok then who made the cars for Dracula's castle?
(06-13-2017, 10:27 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Ok then who made the cars for Dracula's castle?

I think they are also ODD Bill Tracy Hushpuppies. Just more modern, fiberglass versions of these ones:
http://www.ochh.net/cars.html
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(06-13-2017, 02:29 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Would be nice if Lagoon could get a hold of more Hush Puppies and modify them into Terroride like Cars for a Castle Redo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That would be nice. I wonder if Lagoon could use the existing chassis of the Dracula's Castle vehicles and modify them with a different vehicle design? I have to admit these have to be super reliable ride vehicles or they would never have lasted this long but personally I would prefer a whole new ride system.
Here's something I remember from Dracula's Castle as a kid. The walls were black and the eyes were painted with various colors of UV reactive paint and the whole thing was under a black light. What else used to be in there?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
(06-14-2017, 02:43 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Here's something I remember from Dracula's Castle as a kid. The walls were black and the eyes were painted with various colors of UV reactive paint and the whole thing was under a black light. What else used to be in there?

Where was that located Luke? I can't seem to place a right curve like that in the layout?

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-14-2017, 01:18 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Where was that located Luke? I can't seem to place a right curve like that in the layout?

It seems like it was towards the beginning. I'm sure I have the track layout, number of eyes, eye placement, and eye size all wrong. It's the eye shapes that I remember. Although I remember carefully studying the track diagram that used to be at the ride's entrance as a kid (looking for the upstairs part), I don't know the ride's layout.

I remember seeing a lady about to be cut down the middle by a big rotating saw blade too.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
(06-14-2017, 03:16 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: It seems like it was towards the beginning. I'm sure I have the track layout, number of eyes, eye placement, and eye size all wrong. It's the eye shapes that I remember. Although I remember carefully studying the track diagram that used to be at the ride's entrance as a kid (looking for the upstairs part), I don't know the ride's layout.

I remember seeing a lady about to be cut down the middle by a big rotating saw blade too.
The only real "dodge" like you drew is where "Sparky" is and the dodge is to the left.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-14-2017, 03:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The only real "dodge" like you drew is where "Sparky" is and the dodge is to the left.

Yeah, I can see that from watching a POV video. I don't know where the eyes were, and there were more of them than I drew (probably on multiple walls), but I remember them being in the ride quite clearly.
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
Does anyone remember the room they had in there that were jail bars, mirror or even foil lined walls and a strobe light. They would usually have a 'monster' walking around in there. It was truly terrifying to a young kid. I think the track layout for this ride may have changed some over the years because I remember this room having an almost 'queue" like track pattern. But maybe not the memory gets fuzzy over time. I also remember the glowing eyes on the wall mentioned in the above posts.
(06-16-2017, 03:14 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Does anyone remember the room they had in there that were jail bars, mirror or even foil lined walls and a strobe light. They would usually have a 'monster' walking around in there. It was truly terrifying to a young kid. I think the track layout for this ride may have changed some over the years because I remember this room having an almost 'queue" like track pattern. But maybe not the memory gets fuzzy over time. I also remember the glowing eyes on the wall mentioned in the above posts.

I absolutely remember. Dracula's Castle was the first place I ever saw both a strobe light and a black light. I think the strobe room had a sort of loop or C like shape to the track that went around the perimeter of the room. I remember it being brightly and oddly painted (perhaps a bit like the image below) as well as having a mirror so you could see yourself under the strobe. I think the black light eye room and strobe light room were near each other. I'm wondering if the room Sparky is currently in used to be the eye room because I kind of remember going under an archway in the wall when leaving that room.

I remember a display in the station that showed the track layout and locations of the vehicles, it also had gravestones, monsters and spooky stuff on it.
Anybody who knows the actual layout of Dracula's Castle care to draw it for us?
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride