Dracula's Castle Reimagined in 2̶0̶1̶8̶ 2019?
(11-19-2018, 10:29 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Here's an idea for Dracula's Castle that aligns the ride better if the park entrance moves, and adds a spooky gift/magic shop for both Drac's and Seance to exit through. Even though the ride entrance and exit are relocated, the original facade still gets plenty of good use.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=853]

It's been fun! See ya when/if I come back from hiatus.
That is a great idea, but I feel like it would not be a good use of the new re-paint. Also, hiatus? If you are gone somewhere you are probably not going to respond, but can anyone catch me up on where he is.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-21-2018, 03:52 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: That is a great idea, but I feel like it would not be a good use of the new re-paint. Also, hiatus? If you are gone somewhere you are probably not going to respond, but can anyone catch me up on where he is.
On Holiday for Thanksgiving me thinks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-21-2018, 06:52 PM)linearinduction Wrote: On Holiday for Thanksgiving me thinks.

I'm sure Luke is always out there lurking.
Hey, I’m a dark ride fan and love Bill Tracy’s rides. There used to be Bill Tracy rides at my hometown park, Dorney Park, but they’re all gone. A couple burned down and one was removed after the Cedar Fair takeover. A PTC mill chute rethemed by Tracy. Dracula’s Castle at Lagoon was built the year I was born. I was born Jan 14, 1974. Bill Tracy passed away Aug 1974 and his company continued as This Is, Inc. with Jack and Wayne Seddon, Thom Thaler, and Jim Melonic. Jim now has JMM Studios. I hope if they update the Castle that they keep the classic displays as well. I’m trying to build the park in Planet Coaster despite having never been there. I’m trying to build Dracula’s Castle and Terroride with full interiors. I’m watching videos of the insides to get it right.
Awesome! I think the first time I rode Dracula's Castle was around 1982 or 83 and quite a bit of stuff has been changed since then. I think they took out most of the blacklight/strobe light mirrored/striped sections about 1988 and replaced them with a big cave. I think the Dracula scenes and the lady being cut in half by the saw were removed in the mid-90's. The goblins/mausoleum were put in around 2010-ish and I can't say for sure what was originally there. The bending door/wall was in Terroride until it was moved to the Castle in 2017.

I also hope they keep the original Bill Tracy stuff; The picture hallway, the whale bones, the mineshaft, the skull waterfall and the (no longer) rotating tunnels. I don't care all that much about the rest. I have faith in the people who are likely going to re-do the ride. They seem to have recognized the importance of the old Bill Tracy stuff and did a good job of keeping the old stuff while updating Terroride. They even added a headstone for Bill Tracy into the Terroride that's kind of a hard to notice Easter Egg (It's right after the spiked wall as you enter "Lagoon Valley").

Oh, and if you haven't seen it be sure to check out the Terroride page on the wiki:
http://wiki.lagoonisfun.com/index.php?title=Terroride
I like dark rides and I love tacos

Have there been any updates? Like Wartnerchaney posting something new, or trucks in front of lagoon that could be transporting things or whatever.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(12-07-2018, 09:04 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Have there been any updates? Like Wartnerchaney posting something new, or trucks in front of lagoon that could be transporting things or whatever.

No hints that I've seen, but I'll be looking closer. If it's happening work would have needed to begin already, so people would know, but they wouldn't necessarily tell us. If work hasn't started then it'll be 2021 at the earliest. Anybody else out there hear anything?

(12-08-2018, 12:42 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: No hints that I've seen, but I'll be looking closer. If it's happening work would have needed to begin already, so people would know, but they wouldn't necessarily tell us. If work hasn't started then it'll be 2021 at the earliest. Anybody else out there hear anything?
I hear lots of things, but nothing I am at liberty to discuss.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-08-2018, 12:56 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I hear lots of things, but nothing I am at liberty to discuss.

k, thanks lol

This comes from CrossfireGaming's Jan 9th drone video. It kind of looks to me like there's a small excavator and a port-o-potty under the Game Time canopy and perhaps a chain link fence in front of the area. What do you think?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=862]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)