Lagoon Improvements
(05-09-2017, 01:03 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Especially at Skycoaster. I've never understood why they won't put lockers there, especially as stingy as they are these days about items in pockets and not letting you leave items on the cabinets in the garage (which we always used to allow). There are several times I've skipped buying a ticket because I didn't want to have to hike all the way up to Cannibal and get a locker there to put my keys & wallet in.

Seems obvious there... employees would alway nearby, plus guests pay ADDITIONAL money to ride, why make them walk all the way to Cannibal.
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
(05-09-2017, 12:49 AM)Wick Wrote: Can LAB please add a Tornado, that would be awesome!
Tornados seem to be on the outs as Hybrid, Waves, and Halfpipe Elements on Longer Rides are becoming increasingly popular. Knott's just removed theirs for a Family Raft Ride and Cedar Fair isn't bothering to relocate it or any of the Geauga Lake Slides.

(05-09-2017, 12:50 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: True, but I've learned never to underestimate the resourcefulness of preschool-aged children.
Again, 4 Years (3 as a Cashier/Outdoor F&B/Attractions Supervisor) at Cowabunga Bay, never had a problem with that age keeping the Wristbands on, even with the guests putting them on themselves. The only problems were the guests putting them on too tight or too loose....all Adults. That's out of tens of thousands of guests.

(05-09-2017, 12:58 AM)Wick Wrote: Another thing that would be nice, cubbies at rides, like the ones for Rocket. I've seen this a lot at other parks. It seems logical rather than sending away guests to far away lockers...  I think they are hesitant to do this because they feel things can be easily stolen, but at ride like The Bat, where there is a single train, it seems ideal.
Cubbies and Boxes Hurt Ride Capacity and take up Valuable Platform Space. Most of Lagoon's Coasters also do not Unload in the same place as they load. It's also safe to say more and more new coasters are being built without them. Raptor at Cedar Point used to hit Interval (Under 45 Seconds) with the Boxes, but with the addition of Air Gates, that is much harder to hit, resulting in stacking of trains.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-09-2017, 03:06 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Tornados seem to be on the outs as Hybrid, Waves, and Halfpipe Elements on Longer Rides are becoming increasingly popular. Knott's just removed theirs for a Family Raft Ride and Cedar Fair isn't bothering to relocate it or any of the Geauga Lake Slides.

I agree, maybe a flowrider would be cool too. I love riding those.
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
(05-09-2017, 10:50 AM)Wick Wrote: I agree, maybe a flowrider would be cool too. I love riding those.
Those cost more than Lagoon Spent on Ruka Safari and Flying Tigers, including all the bells and whistles. I don't see Lagoon really investing much in LAB, as it's not what gets people through the gates. It's just a bonus.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(05-09-2017, 11:09 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Those cost more than Lagoon Spent on Ruka Safari and Flying Tigers, including all the bells and whistles. I don't see Lagoon really investing much in LAB, as it's not what gets people through the gates. It's just a bonus.

I'm in favor of moving LAB outside of the park to the next to Hydro on the North end and also renaming it back to Waikiki Beach. This would make moving the front entrance more of a good idea as it could serve for both parks.  I like the theme of LAB feel its a pretty good water park for what it is. I think if its to be improved it should be moved and started over with. The resulting opening of land would make it possible for more walking area in Kiddy Land (which is sorely needed) and also land that could be used for future attractions/ expansion of Pioneer Village's attraction line up.

Will it ever happen? Being realistic I doubt it but its cool to think of possibilities Lagoon could do.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
That is an interesting idea but I don't see it happening. Opening up the space where Lagoon-a-beach is now would be great and they could build a new state of the art water park.
(05-08-2017, 11:48 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: I'm going to go out with a few unconventional things that you probably wouldn't expect, because frankly I think they're doing a really good job in ride selection and variety:

#1:  Food Choices
Lagoon desperately needs a wider variety of healthier food choices, especially for those who may be limited in their carb intake.  I've complained about this one before, but seriously:  go to Lagoon with a diabetic and see how blindingly frustrating it is to try & have a bite to eat that won't destroy your blood sugar control.  I think it's fine to have the normal carnival fare, but there really need to be some low-carb choices.  Well-designed salads would be tremendous.  Better non-fried, non-breaded proteins with veggies would be an outstanding choice.  Stuff like that.

Along that same vein, Lagoon desperately needs more a) seated dining, and b) covered dining.  Sometimes it's nice to go have a seat somewhere with the family and have a bite to eat for a break.  There's not nearly enough seating near food stands, and I'd kill for a good indoor restaurant or two to go eat in to get out of the crowds for a minute.

#2:  Minimum Ride Height Checks
I hadn't noticed this 'til the last year or two as we've had family members in the transitional heights, but holy f#%^ing crap are Lagoon's ride height signs a pile of work.  And it's not just us:  I've heard it from other guests, as recently as this past weekend.  Guests' "height" can vary by as much as an inch around the park depending on the ride you're at, and with somebody borderline, that can lead to some ridiculous frustrations and temper tantrums.  And the kids don't like it, either.  That's not helped by having signs that need to be eyeballed and can be affected by your viewing angle or what weird bump there is in the pavement.

Ride height signs need to use a physical measurement (i.e. something you have to stand under to see if you are taller/shorter than an actual object, not back up against a sign and see if you look close enough), and need to be accurately placed so there's better consistency between rides.

#3:  Midway Flow
Lagoon's getting crowded, and the midway really needs to flow better in some areas.  There are so many choke points around the park now, that on a busier day, you don't really have anywhere to walk to get from A to B, but get stuck in traffic packs.  Trying to get from PV over to Carousel Plaza for a bite?  Good luck with that.  If you have a stroller, it may as well be the Hunger Games.

I get wanting to not have wasted space, but there's lots to be said for enough open space in the midway to allow traffic flow, and there are definitely some shortcomings there right now.
I completely agree with you on food choices. I've wanted them to have a sit down restaurant for a long time now. I can't think of one other park I've been to that didn't have at least one.
They have replaced the latticework on the front of Game Time. Last year a windstorm made a big hole in one side of it. But it's not new latticework, it's a big grey wall and I'm scared it might be another spur-of-the-moment-looking mural.

Also, did anybody notice they finally put up a permanent fence in PV where the Stagecoach used to be? It's been there a couple weeks or so.
Spent a majority of the day at the park today and noticed several improvements around the park that have not been mentioned here.

- Rides -

Cliffhanger: The ride has been Repainted to Silver and Dark Green with no Red and the missed spots on the Gondolas painted. The Motors are now nearly Silent!

Spider: The new MCC/PLC House looks great, the ride is operating 6 Cars with zero problems, and the Desk has been replaced with a Console.

Samurai: There is a brand new MCC/PLC House to match the Operator Booth and the new paint looks great.

Bat: The bat looks better than new with the "Clear Coat" that was started last year.

Screamer: The backdrop support structure has been removed entirely.

Cannibal: Appearently the "Cannibal is the Last Ride to Close/Line Cut Off" Honeymoon period is over and the Park's signature ride is now having it's line being cut off at 20 to (Lagoon Standard Time is 5 Minutes Early...check the clock in the Guest Services Window). Also, if you sneak past the Garbage Can blocking the queue 10 minutes after the line is cut off, just throw a tantrum, argue with a ride supervisor, and act belligerent even after they threaten to call security; that will now get you on the ride along with the dozen or so behind you.

- Games -

Games is now offering a Game Punch Card, which will get you $30 worth of games for only $20.

Easy Does It is now filled with Claw Games.

- Foods -

Swig, Grandma Christie's, and Zeppe's have POS Systems by Posiflex, including order screens, which make the entire process more efficient and accurate. Hopefully all Food & Beverage and Merchandise Locations will receive these systems.

- Other -

The New Mural in Kiddieland is also on the East Side of the West Facade of the Games/Coke Plaza Building.

The new GoPod Locker Systems have been installed at the front of the Park and Wicked.

Lagoon has removed the Courtesy Phones

Keen eye...