Saturday April 22nd
First off I love Lagoon and always have a great time but last Saturday was the worst Ive ever seen when it comes to operations. Truth be told, i still had a good time but my family did not. Cannibal, wicked, spider were closed and colossus and RC were only running 1 train! Lines were dumb to say the least. Hoping this was just a fluke. Now my job is to convince the fam to go next week. Anybody else go? How was your experience?
There was a lot down. But it is technically still "pre-season" so I'm guessing rides that haven't opened yet like Spider, Samurai and Terroride are on a deadline to reopen some time around Memorial Day. Would've helped to have another train on Colossus with Wicked closed all day. Cannibal did open later on.
Greg and I did see them testing spider later that day
(04-24-2017, 05:43 PM)acefreely44 Wrote: First off I love Lagoon and always have a great time but last Saturday was the worst Ive ever seen when it comes to operations. Truth be told, i still had a good time but my family did not. Cannibal, wicked, spider were closed and colossus and RC were only running 1 train! Lines were dumb to say the least. Hoping this was just a fluke. Now my job is to convince the fam to go next week. Anybody else go? How was your experience?

Roller Coaster had 2 trains for most of the day. You might have just hit them at the wrong times
(04-24-2017, 10:05 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Greg and I did see them testing spider later that day

That's a good sign.
I have to admit, I was a little surprised to not see them running two trains on Fire Dragon, considering how ridiculously slow the line was moving and how many people they had waiting. They do have all three trains at the ride and I know that at least the blue train is road-worthy (in general, may have been specific maintenance issues that day; red train was running the day I was there), but who knows. I did see Maintenance and a Coordinator come up to the station at one point, stopping operations for about 5 minutes. No idea what was up, but they kept going... made it worse that one of the rows on the train was roped off (which I think is the first time I've ever seen that on Fire Dragon).
They really needed to run 2 trains on dragon Saturday, it was so backed up. At least they were running 2 on roller coaster also saw a guy working on samurai most the day.
Wouldn't it be awesome that because of the increased crowds Lagoon has been having that 3 train operation of Dragon would be restored. I would love to see that. I think 1999 was the last year that happened.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I'm sure Sid could tell us last time they had 3 trains in operation.
Speaking of Fire Dragon, is it just me, or are the trains leaving reduction wicked fast? The ride I took Sunday, we actually left reduction fast enough to get slowed down noticeably at the next block brake (can never remember if that's brake 1 or brake 2... which is sort of annoying for all the time I spent climbing around them once upon a time). Who knows, maybe that's why Maintenance was stopping by when I was there...