Opening Day 2017
does any one else think this is going to make a mess trying to get traffic to LAB?
(03-25-2017, 09:45 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The kiddyland area expansion looks great. Hopefully poor Bulgy will rest for awhile. I like the blue fences  though. Do we know whats going in the red building in the village?

Navajo Taco food stand.
(03-26-2017, 01:09 AM)dajaq2 Wrote: does any one else think this is going to make a mess trying to get traffic to LAB?

Nope!  All of the midway near Rad Brad's is at least as open as before, and will look pretty slick once finished.  Don't see it impacting flow into LAB one iota.
(03-26-2017, 01:24 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Navajo Taco food stand.

awesome it will now be Pioneer Food Village lol
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Since opening day wasn't as exciting as I had hoped, I picked up some more pictures today to share.

First off, a few better photos of Bulgy the Whale. I didn't realize they had repainted the ride when I saw it briefly yesterday. It looks nice, and I see an old part of Putter Around the Park has returned to be part of the new ride spot.

I also missed that Lagoon has paint tarps over some of the the buildings underneath the Lagoon-A-Beach slide tower. It looks like Lagoon is repainting the support structure.

The large spider in front of Spider also looks to be repainted. Looks really good.

Spider was also "testing" apparently even though the other sign out front said they were waiting for parts.

New bathroom looks like it will be a nice one.

The new mural going in near the new rides seems to have a part that can only be seen from Sky Ride. I thought this was rather interesting. It almost looks like Lagoon gangs decided to tag the area. Happy

The line for season pass photos was insane today. When I first showed up the line seemed long already.

However, I did not realize how long the line would get. Lagoon actually blocked part of the parking lot to keep cars away from the line.

Wow, it just keeps going.

And I finally found the end of the line. Lagoon stopped pushing it down the parking lot and actually started to turn it back on itself on this point. More cones to block traffic.

The line stayed this long until around 3pm then it started shortening up.

I also found it amusing that the birds have taken to the roofs. There is a nest on the roof of the train station and Merry-Go-Round.

I want to return to Catapult for a moment. The ride is still closed. They have the usual "waiting for parts" sign in place. I had to chuckle today since Lagoon is always waiting for parts. Maybe it is time Lagoon get Amazon Prime and see if they can get better shipping. Happy I mean, it is only $99 a year.

Air Race was down and had scaffolding on both sides.

I found that Lagoon has new magnets for their line signs that basically says what time prior to park closing the line will close. The writing is so small it is hard to make out what is says above the "15" so it almost looks like the sign doesn't make sense.

Here are a few more pictures of the new rides area.

Finally, I wanted to take at least one artistic shot while I was on the park.

(03-26-2017, 08:26 PM)Willenator Wrote: I had to chuckle today since Lagoon is always waiting for parts. Maybe it is time Lagoon get Amazon Prime and see if they can get better shipping. Happy I mean, it is only $99 a year.
 Seriously! It's like someone accidentally entered a wrong address. There is probably a stockpile of ride parts somewhere after getting lost in the mail. Haha.
I'm glad they painted Wally the spider! The new area looks very good. The new magnet signs make me laugh no guest will ever read that.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I would say the new Mural is being done by a Graffiti Artist, and that may be his Signature. Watching the guy do the one at Cowabunga Bay in 2010 was very cool. My favorite part about the new ride construction is the effort to blend in the planter boxes and retaining walls to the old Golf Fun/Putter Around the Park Fountain/Planter. I'm willing to bet, given the size of the Ruka Safari Ride Enclosure, that it will be a Zamperla Jump Around, one of their best sellers. It will be interesting to see which definition of "Ruka" Lagoon goes with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I think the mural will really come to life under a black light.  Laugh

Great pictures Will!  Happy